What's new

Revolution season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
One thing Kripke does well is the long game. The execution has definitely lacked, but this season has been very structurally sound, from where it started to the mid-season break to where it looks like it's headed in the finale.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I expected the power to come back on. What I did NOT expect is what happened afterward.Interesting that Aaron's wife and her daughter were shown in the montage of the lights coming back on. I only got a glimpse of the daughter, but I'm still wondering if Aaron is her biological father.I wonder what the deal with the "president" is. Even if he was legitimately elected prior to the collapse of the US government, his term would have expired a long, long time ago.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Adam Lenhardt said:
I wonder what the deal with the "president" is. Even if he was legitimately elected prior to the collapse of the US government, his term would have expired a long, long time ago.
Its possible, that since the US split into separate countries, that the Gitmo area called themselves the U.S.A., and continued with elections and such. And that the guy we saw was the currently elected leader, not the man who was president when the lights went out.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
A show that I kept watching has piqued my interest for Season 2, but there have been many spells where I felt like giving up. The premise is interesting but the execution has definitely lacked in long spells. The ending has left a lot of interesting threads and hopefully they will have learned a lot from this season.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don't know if I'll watch next season. The final 20 minutes of this season was exciting. But the few hours leading up to it were tedious.There's too much going on. And it's wildly inconsistent in its physical reality. Nanobots that stop all electrical power? Fine. That's an exciting scifi idea, and a show built realistically for there is a great idea. Oh, the nanobots also have magical healing abilities? Hrmmm.... And and when the bots are deactivated,all the industrial power plants, idle, rusting, unmaintained for 15 years, power up like nothing happened? That's just stupid and completely out of place in this show.Going back to the beginning, I don't believe Miles as a character. He has been said to be heartless, a butcher, the most ruthless vicious SOB in the Monroe Republic. No way. It's not there. He's been shown to be mostly an emo teen. Tom Neville, thats one scary cat. he should be playing Miles. He should have the redemptive arc.Nor do I believe that miles and his buddy Monroe, a couple of screwball Army captains became the the greatest military leaders during the 5 years after the power went off. I want to like the show. The idea is fantastic. The start was great. But it's cratering. Its thrashing, maybe being violent and nihilistic will bring in jaded cable viewers? I hope S3 turns around.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Are we still on s1? I lose track with these 4 mo breaks. Look, I just show up and tivo tells me what I can watch. I don't know wights on when. :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was a brutally long midseason break. NBC seems to do this with every major serialized hit they have, and every time they expect it to have no effect on the ratings. In this case, the show was starting from such a dominant position going into the hiatus that even with a sizable drop the numbers merited renewal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks