What's new

Review of "The Ring" (remake) is up at dvdfile... (1 Viewer)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I am also looking forward to this release. The Ring was far from flawless, but it is one of the most entertaining films that I have seen in a while.

Unfortunately, it appears that the short film bonus feature is going to be disappointing. :frowning:

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately, it appears that the short film bonus feature is going to be disappointing.
Yeah. I'm kinda surprised that it didn't get SE treatment considering it's success. But I'm happy in knowing that it'll be a fine presentation. I wonder if the easter egg that Peter is referring to is the cursed video itself.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I was waiting for the review to see if they included any deleted scenes.
According to reports, the producers cut some scenes in order to get a PG13 rating. I was hoping they would release a director's cut or at least include the scenes as an extra. After reading the review, it ain't happening.

What ever happened to releasing movies uncut when they went to video. It was fairly common a few years ago.

Fox supposedly said they will release Daredevil with its R rated cut, but I'm not holding my breath.

Doug

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
No trailer for The Ring on the DVD? :frowning: This was one of the better ones I've seen in a while.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Very disappointed that they don't have the trailer. The ending with a television tone was very effective.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping that we would get both trailers also, especially the "normal" trailer, because it had a brief clip of one of the deleted scenes.

I wonder if the easter egg that Peter is referring to is the cursed video itself.
Yeah, I'm assuming that it's an isolated version of the video. I really can't imagine it being anything else.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Very disappointed that they don't have the trailer. The ending with a television tone was very effective.
Funny you mentioned that. I felt the same way. The shot with her screaming and hearing the tone was very effective.

It is a disturbing trend nowadays to release a title with trailers for others but the one you're watching.

James Reader

Screenwriter
International readers may be interested in some of these supplements passed by the BBFC recently (but as the film is still playing at the cinemas, expect a June/July release at the earliest in the UK):

THE RING - CAST AND CREW INTERVIEWS TAPE #1
Run Time 54m 25s

00:18:27:09 | GORE VERBINSKI
00:15:16:19 | MARTIN HENDERSON
00:20:40:21 | NAOMI WATTS

THE RING - CAST AND CREW INTERVIEWS - TAPE # 2
Run Time 38m 27s

00:18:23:24 | WALTER PARKS
00:06:12:01 | DAVEIGH CHASE
00:13:50:23 | HANS ZIMMER

THE RING - INT'L DVD BONUS MATERIAL
Run Time 2m 17s

THE RING - DON'T WATCH THIS
Run Time 14m 44s

If nothing else, this probably hints at a later second release in R1. Those Interviews alone come to around 1.5 hours and there's probably still more to come...

James Reader

Screenwriter
Another Ring Interview shows up at the BBFC (still no news on the UK DVD release date)

I spoke too soon The R2 Project has a rumoured release date of 25th August

DVD additional material, 'Martin Henderson Interview'
Run Time 9m 5s
Strange as Martin Henderson is already included on "CAST AND CREW INTERVIEWS TAPE #1" with a different run-time.

Could we be seeing more interviews being certified soon? Perhaps the new interviews are after filming interviews done especially for the DVD? (I assume the previous interviews were from the films EPK).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks