What's new

Revenge season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Strong opener. However, I don't know if they can get the same momentum going the second time around. In season 1 Emily's quest was more focused - take down the people that framed her father. Now it's...what? Find her mother? Kill the white-haired guy? Take down the Graysons again?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
And ABC needs to take CBS's lead with the rescheduled start times on Sundays....I missed about the last ten minutes of the season premiere!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I actually think it will have "more legs" this year.
This show has the wranglings of Scandal(another good show).
I think the Grayson scandal is going to do itself in with the kids thinking "mom is dead". Yeah, that isn't lasting long.
And depending on what Mrs. Grayson knows about Amanda's mom...that will make for great cat and mouse for a while.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Tonight's episode was just ok - it's hard to figure out what Emily's "mission" is anymore - if all she cares about now is finding her mother, that's not particularly compelling - and Jennifer Jason Leigh is very off-putting in the flashbacks thus far.
What originally drew me to the series was the joy of watching Emily dismantle the Graysons- but why bother at this point when they're so busy dismantling each other?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm finally caught up, and what in the wide wide world of sports is going on with this show? It's like every 3 episodes they try something out, and if it's not working, they move on to another set of new characters that get brought in to further confuse the audience and matters in general.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Patrick Sun said:
'm finally caught up, and what in the wide wide world of sports is going on with this show? It's like every 3 episodes they try something out, and if it's not working, they move on to another set of new characters that get brought in to further confuse the audience and matters in general.
That's network TV for you. Terrible writing and no direction (just like every other major network drama). My wife still watches it so I've caught some episodes and it's pretty painful to watch.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This sophomore season was a bumpy ride of starts and stops, but the 2-hour season finale was pretty entertaining.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I haven't watched the finale yet, but...We know Aidan, Emily and Ashley(actress' name...blanking if character as well) met ages ago...But "how" does she not know who they are? Is she a plant from Emily...or what?That is the one aspect of the intrigue that bugs me. Otherwise I think the twists are great.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This was a rough season, lacking much of the thrill and sparkle of the first season. The stories and characters were erratic. The two hour finale almost put me to sleep, until the last 20 minutes, where it got back to its strengths. I do t know about S3.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I marathoned the first two seasons over the last couple weeks, culminating in the finale tonight. Watching it all at once helped smooth over some bumps when the actual revenge got lost in the shuffle during the first half of the season. That final beat was just an absolutely brutal way to end the season; I've just got to know what happens next!
schan1269 said:
I haven't watched the finale yet, but...We know Aidan, Emily and Ashley(actress' name...blanking if character as well) met ages ago...But "how" does she not know who they are?Is she a plant from Emily...or what?That is the one aspect of the intrigue that bugs me. Otherwise I think the twists are great.
Ashley never actually saw Emily/Amanda in that flashback. They only talked through a stall door. I'm less clear about whether she had any contact with Aidan.

Speaking of Aidan, I kind of hope Daniel actually did kill him in the finale. He's your classic retconned character shoehorned in to created a viable love triangle. I kind of resented the sudden appearance of this major character that was Emily/Amanda's first serious love but never got mentioned once throughout the entire first season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Aidan's that character that shows up in season 2 because they didn't think they'd make it to a season two in season one, and didn't have the foresight to drop him in a flashback as a younger Aidan in season one. LOL! I was put off by his early appearance, and he never did quite find a good character groove with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks