What's new

Reunion - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well, saw this tonight. Yes, that guy does remind me of Tom Cruise...both in looks and mannerisms. On the down side....boy that is something new...poor friend takes the fall for rich friend. :thumbsdown:

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I saw it tonight as well. I liked the concept but honestly, I think the show is pretty dumb so far. I'll probably watch for a while just to see if the episodes go up in redeeming quality as the characters grow up and hopefully get less stupid and cliched, but I'm not really expecting too much.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> On the down side....boy that is something new...poor friend takes the fall for rich friend.

Rich & poor had nothing to do with it. It was sober friend takes the fall for drunk friend. Why inject class into everything?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I think he brought class into it because on the show a few times it was mentioned the same way.

Quite a few times the friend who is going to jail (forget his name already) made comments about the rich father being there to bail out the real driver or something like that. And if I'm not mistaken, when the rich father paid to bail the kid out of jail, he made a comment about it being hush money.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The guy who plays Craig actually reminded me more of Ben Affleck, especially how he leaves his mouth agape :)

Agree with others about the cliched elements and some of the painful dialogue (like the "Halley's Comet would come back early for you" moment - oh that hurts to type).

BUT I'll watch a couple more eps 'cause I'm kind of into the flat chested friend :) But on the other side of the coin, when the Madonna-be took off her jacket I was pretty shocked, but in a good way ;)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I haven't seen the show, but after reading the comments here, I'm curious how they handle the actors aging over 20 years? In real life, they're filming this in one year, but on the show everyone ages 20 years? How do they do that? Just a lot of make-up effects? Or do different actors play the same characters?

JohnAP

Second Unit
Fox does usually seem to come out with the most interesting concept shows each season, though they don't always stick with them. Let's hope they they keep this one on through all twenty episodes or there'll be some pissed off viewers.

As far as the first episode, I thought it was pretty interesting. The "hey, it's the 80's" cultural touchtones could get old, but I guess it'll be the nineties before we know it. I did enjoy that guy's pink shirt though.

The storyline does have me pretty hooked, so I think I'll stick with it. I really hope they pull off what they're trying to do.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The pace of the show reminds me of Footballers Wives where there is little time for any real character development, but the story moves fast. And Will (the one that took the fall for the car accident) is quite the hottie!

As far as next season goes, the articles I have read on the fall preview say that a new storyline will revolve around one of the current characters or just a whole new set of faces. I would have no problem with it just lasting one season and wrapping this story up. Many British shows have short seasons (6-8 episodes) or short runs (Fawlty Towers ran for a total of 18 episodes over three non-consecutive seasons...and each is a classic!).

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I just realized something that really interests me about the story. They didn't mention WHICH friend is the one who was killed, did they?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> They didn't mention WHICH friend is the one who was killed, did they?

No. They even went out of their way not to refer to the deceased as "him" or "her".

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

I thought that was really lame. During a eulolgy, I would expect to hear the deceased's name, or at the very least, use of the words "him" or "her", not "their". I understand that they don't want us to know who died yet, but I thought it could have been handled better.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
So how could they mention the name during the funeral yet still keep the secret? (Hint: they didn't show the whole service.) I can't wait to hear your answer.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

I know that they cannot do it, but that doesn't change the fact that the eulogy seemed very clumsy. It seemed like the guy giving the eulogy was going out of his way to keep it a secret, thus the awkwardness of the whole thing.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

Sean Faris was on Life As We Know It last year and that show also made a reference to his resemblance to Tom Cruise. His acting seems to be a lot worse on Reunion though.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Patrick:

Is tonight's episode just being pushed back a week or is it being shown sometime between Friday and next Thursday?

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Reunion Episode 2 will air next thursday.

Fox had already planned an encore of episode 2 for tomorrow, but that has been scrapped too. Instead, they will be re-airing the pilot(re-airing for the 2nd time - last friday and tomorrow).

I just hope this brief hiatus doesn't kill the show altogether. Doesn't CSI premiere next week? Ouch.

If you guys want to see what all six characters look like after they've aged, check out www.tv.com ..They've got it on their front page, at least for now. If you want to be surprised, then don't look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks