What's new

Returning my Samsung UN46C6400 (1 Viewer)

evan631

Agent
Real Name
Evan
It looks like my Samsung UN46C6400 is going back to Costco. Reason: Auto Motion Plus is useless! And the blurring and interpolation is driving me nuts. I thought i was getting used to it, but nope...not working for me.

Otherwise the TV is great.

I think I'm moving to plasma. Now to decide which one!

From what i have seen the Panasonics have some great reviews. How do you guys feel about Samsung Plasmas? And what about 3D. Considering i spent $1700 on my LED, i have no problem spending the same on the Plasma. But at the same time saving a few buck wont be bad either.

Oh yea...i realize now the Internet widgets are basically a waste too.. Considering you cant do 1080P Netflix by downloading.

Let me hear what you think.

Thanks

-Evan

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
The 3D Samsung plasmas were just released - the 7000 series model is available on Amazon for about what your LCD cost you. There's also an 8000 series model for a few hundred more.

I haven't seen either firsthand, but it might be worth it to seek them out and see how they perform.

evan631

Agent
Real Name
Evan
Any thoughts where i can get in depth reviews of the latest models of TVs?.

As i said earlier i am thinking of returning the Samsung UN46C6400; and going plasma. The motion blur is killing me, and the "soap opera" effect is horrible.

Thanks.

Evan

evan631

Agent
Real Name
Evan
turn it off is easy. but then there is the blur, and the extra money i spent on a 120hz TV.

decisions...decisions.

robert64

Auditioning
Real Name
robert garro
I am having the same problem too. I also bought it at costco. I got of the phone with Samsung and they told me to turn it off. I haven't done it yet. have you? I hate to return the TV. The rewiews are very good. Did you returned?

robert64

Auditioning
Real Name
robert garro
Samsung told me to turn it off too. I just called them so I will try it tonight. Do you have the same model?

evan631

Agent
Real Name
Evan
Originally Posted by robert64

Samsung told me to turn it off too. I just called them so I will try it tonight. Do you have the same model?

I returned it months ago, back in august i believe. The LED technology just isn't ready. That auto motion plus is a waste, and horrible looking!!!! The "soap opera effect" is way too distracting. I didn't spend $1700 for it to look like a movie was shot in video as opposed to film. Thats exactly what Auto motion plus does.

I wish i knew it before I bought the Samsung...but it is all about Plasmas!!!!! They are great, and don't believe any of the negatives you hear about them. The only one i would base my decision on is if you play games. If you do play games do not get a plasma...but other than that, I'm all about the plasmas!

robert64

Auditioning
Real Name
robert garro
Thanks for the info. I decided to buy a Sony LED, I am going right now to look at them. Everyone said to me you can't wrong with Sony. Hopefully it will be great.

I only paid $1050.00 for Samsung, I will pay a little more for Sony, but I will feel comfortable with this brand.

dgreger

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Greger
I bought the UN46C7000 240hz 3D LED and cannot be happier with it, currently using the Samsung BD-C6900 Blu-Ray through a Pioneer Elite VSX-32. The picture is Stunning, 3D is amazing and has none of the blurring or soap opera effects. Although I did pay a little over $2300 for it last summer for the money it was worth it (Used my Bonus from work!). I shopped other brands around the same price but with the combo I am using I think i hit the nail on the head. I also do not use the internet widgets due to the resolution mis-match.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.