What's new

Return to Oz - 2/3/04...New Special Edition? (1 Viewer)

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
DVDEmpire is listing Return to Oz as a new listing, with a release date of February 3, 2004. There are no details yet. I would just chalk this up to a repromotion of the current version from Anchor Bay, but the one detail that DVDEmpire does have is that it's from Disney/Buena Vista. And it looks as though the retail price is around $19.99. Does anyone know if this is a new special edition of the movie? Or if Disney is just releasing it barebones?

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I would love to have a SE of this, but an anamorphic transfer and a trailer would be nice. An SE would rock, though.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I'm one of the biggest Oz fans you guys will ever meet.

I hope this will be a kickass SE.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Hopefully, the introduction and retrospective interview with Fairuza Balk will still be on the re-release.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I hope you're joking about the introduction. The interview is all fine and dandy, but I don't want to see that dumb intro every time I start the movie.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
The intro always annoys me a bit. The segment afterwards isn't bad. Of course it always makes me wish for more behind the scenes stuff.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I would honestly rebuy it even if the only changes were the deletion of the Balk intro and the inclusion of a Walter Murch commentary.

Even a Walter Murch / Fairuza Balk commentary would be awesome.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
There were a number of behind-the-scenes features shown here in the UK when it was in cinemas here (the performer who played Tik-Tok was a presenter on the long-running BBC kid's magazine show Blue Peter, and they featured the film, IIRC).

I'd buy an anamorphic re-issue in a heartbeat, especially if it featured a commentary track or other bonus materials.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks