What's new

"Rest In Peace" thread (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Unfortunately, not every famous person who passes will get their own thread. This is for some of the rest.

Frank Bank--Leave It To Beaver's "Lumpy"--died on April 13th at age 71.

Frank+Bank-leave+it+to+beaver.jpg

Frank-Bank.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/04/15/reports-leave-it-to-beaver-actor-frank-bank-dies-at-71/

Always liked Lump. Who can forget the barrel hoops episode, where Ward gives Beaver a really bad idea that comes back to bite Lumpy's dad.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
One of my favorite scenes had Ward going over to talk to Mr. Rutheford about something Lumpy did (forgot what) and Lumpy's hiding out upstairs. So Mr. R is (at first) calmly asking him to come down. And the more Ward reveals about the situation the angrier Mr. R gets. He starts out with "Clarence, would you come down son." But it ends with "LUMPY! YOU GET DOWN HERE!" Hilarious stuff. Love that scene.

RIP, one of the all time great bullies.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
Always liked Lump. Who can forget the barrel hoops episode, where Ward gives Beaver a really bad idea that comes back to bite Lumpy's dad.
That's a great one. I also love the Lumpy episode when Wally and Eddie tie a tow chain to Lumpy's axle and the car is destroyed.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Richard LeParmentier, who played Admiral Motti in Star Wars. I'm surprised he was American, but he apparently was raised in the UK. He died in Austin.

25306.gif

220px-Richard_LeParmentier.jpg

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Chrissy Amphlett, 53. Lead singer of the Divinyls. MS and breast cancer.

Richie Havens, 72. Folk singer. Heart attack.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
This thread feels like a swing and a miss, so I'll bench it.
"Don't give up on us baby..."

C'mon, Greg. It's only been a week. You gotta give things a chance to catch on. I'm subscribed. And I'm really curious to see if it grabs hold. Keep hope alive! :biggrin:

I would have added Richie Havens to the list today if you hadn't beaten me to it.

I lived, for six years, near Max Yasgur's farm. I was there for the talk-up to the 20th anniversary celebration of the Woodstock Music Festival (which took place nowhere near Woodstock, NY for the uninitiated). And Richie was an ever-present participant in the anniversary shows/discussions/etc.

Interesting back story about the local sentiment on the history of the event. The locals, for years, ran from talk of the festival because of the trauma inflicted on the region by the infusion of people for that three-day period in 1969. Local officials were vilified for allowing it to happen. Political careers were ruined. Others were begun. As anyone who has ever seen the documentary can understand the rather surreal nature of the event--the likes of which will likely never be seen again...it was an intense thing for this bucolic, rural part of NY's Catskill Mountain range to suddenly have a half-million people knocking at their door.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
To me, Richie Havens deserves his own thread, but that's just me. Interesting to read about Alan Arbus and his first marriage to Diane Arbus

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Another great Lumpy episode on LEAVE IT TO BEAVER. His dad, played by the always wonderful Richard Deacon, was trying to arrange who would sit where on the way to a join camping trip. As I recall, it became a running joke that started with "Well, Ward" and then would go on." Well, Ward, June, Clarence and young Theodore can sit in the ... no wait. That won't work. Well, Ward ..." I still have a tendency to start what I know will be long-winded pronouncments with "Well, Ward", to the complete puzzlement of those who didn't grow up with The Beav.

Joe S

Second Unit
I can't believe no one added Ray Harryhausen (d:May 7, 2013).
I don't recall seeing another thread for him.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
A double whammy of sorts from the music world:

Ray Manzarek, the keyboardist extraordinaire of The Doors, last week at 74.

And now...

Marvin Junior of the Dells, yesterday at the age of 77.

Users who are viewing this thread