What's new

Resident Evil Deluxe edition ??? (1 Viewer)

Bolivar G

Second Unit
Is this just a repackage for the upcoming new movie or is it a new transfer??? Havent heard to much about this new release.
Just wondering what the differces are going to be.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
The audio and video seem identical to the first release. There's now a second commentary track with director Paul W.S. Anderson and the visual effects supervisor. There are also a bunch of new making-of featurettes and an alternate ending (separate from the movie). A nearly half-hour making-of documentary has been dropped from the previous DVD and a music video, but the additions make the new release a worthwhile upgrade for the extras.

Ace online reviewer and HTF member Colin Jacobson has an excellent review comparing the two here:

http://dvdmg.com/residentevildeluxe.shtml

Lev-S

Second Unit
It's a repackage, DD5.1 (no DTS),

"New to this DVD edition of the film is a commentary from director Paul Anderson and visual effects supervisor Richard Yurisich, the effects supervisor having been the supervisor on such films as "2001", "Blade Runner", "Close Encounters" and, more recently, "Mission: Impossible". The commentary is very informative, if a little dry at times: we learn a great deal about the various aspects of the effects shots and the various sets. The track is very informative and there's a few good stories about issues the production ran into, as well.

Continuing the new material included on this release, viewers will find a new featurette regarding storyboarding the movie, as well as a new group of brief pieces (The Creature, The Elevator, The Laser, The Train, Zombie Dogs).

Director Paul Anderson discusses an alternate ending that was partially done, but never completed. Essentially, it ended the film on something of an up note, but never felt right and never quite worked as the action moment it was intended to be.

We also get a clip from the upcoming sequel and filmographies.

Despite the fact that it was not available with my review copy, retailers list that retail copies of this deluxe edition will include a "movie money" coupon for a ticket to see the sequel, "Resident Evil: Apocalypse", which hits theaters this Fall."

dvdtalk.com

Bolivar G

Second Unit
Thank for the info much appreciated.
Think I'll hold on to my current copy if its the same transfer. I'm trying to cut down on my double dipping.

Rolando

Screenwriter
So everything from the first release did not get ported over? Man CTHE sucks. How hard is it for the next edition to just have all so we can upgrade and at leat dimish cost a bit bit selling old one.

I guess they want to make sure sure the freaks have 2 copies (or 3 with superbit) or each of their films.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Well, I personally still expect a DC out sometime late, perhaps for a trilogy box set or something like that.

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator
We've got a detailed comparison review of tomorrow's release of the Resident Evil Deluxe Edition vs the current US and UK Special Editions here.

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Yep. Comes with ticket to the new movie opening Friday. Unfortunately, I ordered with Star Trek Generations, so now my whole order is held up. Grrr....

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

My copy did not come with any free ticket/movie cash. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, a big fat 0. I got my copy from Best Buy.

Cory-C

Grip
My copy didn't come with any movie cash either. I too got my copy from Best Buy ... can someone help us w/ who we should contact about this?

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I called Best Buy and they checked some other copies, none had the movie cash so they're calling the distributor about it.

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
When I went to Best Buy I noticed that half the copies there had a sticker advertising movie cash inside, and half of them didn't. Check the sticker on your packaging, because some of them listed special features, other stickers advertised movie cash inside. Maybe you should go back and ask for an exchange? Claim it's defective?

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Yeah I had quite an experience today getting this dvd. First went to Best Buy and were going to have them price match Circit City, but none of Best Buy's had the sticker on them. So I decided to just go ahead and buy it from Circuit City, but they were completely sold out. Then I tried the mall stores and the only one that had the ticket was like $16.99. Reluctantly I tried Walmart (my Walmart is horrible with dvds) and sure enough they had plenty of them with the sticker and price they matched Circuit City.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I have my free movie ticket. I do wish they would have included the current trailer for the sequel on the Deluxe Edition DVD (I also reviewed the Deluxe Edition DVD)).

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I saw them at Best Buy. Some had the movie cash sticker and some didnt. So I guess you have to watch out for what you buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks