What's new

Resident Evil 2 (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully better CGI will be in this one. That is what really turned me off to the first one.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Yep, the CGI was terrible...ruined an otherwise enjoyable popcorn flick. It also needed more gore, a lot more, to really qualify as a zombie flick...but I'll trade the gore for more Milla in less clothes any day, so I guess it worked out alright. :D

-Dennis

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Hmpff... If they were gonna pick a different director, they shoulda just gone with a master... Romero, Hooper, or Savini!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They pulled out the gore because of the problems with the rating (they would have gotten NC-17 with any more than they had in the parts that they removed some). The CGI was probably due to a budget thing.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Hmpff... If they were gonna pick a different director, they shoulda just gone with a master... Romero, Hooper, or Savini!
Savini has never directed a good film , Hooper has not made a good movie since Funhouse in 1981 (Poltergeist was a Spielberg film imho). Hell even Romero's last really good film was in 1978.

I think I'd rather give Witt a chance as a first time director .

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Ok, this must be a joke. Who in their right mind would want to make Resident Evil:2 happen?
Well, everyone to their own opinion - I take it that you don't like Zombie films very much, do you? But hey, some people do, and Resident Evil is a great zombie film if you ask me. I'm looking forward to the sequel, and I'm pretty disappointed Anderson isn't directing.
I just hope that when he's not directing this, he will make Aliens vs. Predator soon! :)

Tab Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
In case you have not seen it HERE is the new trailer.... a great trailer if you ask me... one of the best Ive ever seen.

I hope the movie turns out well.... I quite enjoyed the first one. Still no release date though as far as I am aware.....

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
That was a great teaser.

I still don't have too much faith in the film, but like all zombie flicks, I'll check it out.

James T

Screenwriter
My friend saw a bit when they were filming outside Toronto. I thought that the movie was closely guarded, but apparently not, since security allowed my friend and his friends to stick around and watch the scenes being filming.

For those who are curious about the scenes he saw, it involved Nemesis and trucks exploding real good, with Nemesis still left standing.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Resident Evil was not a zombie movie! It was an action movie that had zombies in it!

And the zombies were just rehashed Dawn of the Dead zombies. If a new vampire movie comes out you can expect some variation on the central monster (drains youth instead of blood, live in a mexican bar, played by brad pitt, etc) but in thirty years they haven't changed the zombie one iota ;blue-grey makeup, lurching, moaning, flesh eating (flesh eating became less "filmable" with time). The filmatic zombie has not evolved at all (nor do they resemble the mythological jumbi/zombi of south american lore for which they are named after).

Thus:

This is an action movie with zombies in it. The zombies have no character development (Unlike the zombie "Bub" from Day f the Dead), nor are they advancing the state of zombieness in films: Indeed they are regressing it. The latex-skin and pig intestines of the romero trilogy furthered the art of gore-effects. The newer Resident Evil took a more puritanical approach and kept the flesh-eating off screen. The only "characters" in the film remain the human comandos, and a super computer that likes tormenting people.

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
The Plot Summary

A deadly virus has been unleashed on the population of Raccoon City. "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" is a terrifying adventure in survival horror. Milla Jovovich returns as Alice, one of only two survivors of the contained biochemical disaster in the first "Resident Evil," the $100 million hit that serves as a prologue to the all-out action and horror of "Resident Evil: Apocalypse". The film begins where the first film left off, with Alice in the heart of the ravaged and deadly Raccoon City. She has been subjected to biogenetic experimentation by the vast Umbrella Corporation and become genetically altered, with super-human strengths, senses and dexterity. These skills, and more, will be needed if anyone is to remain alive. Alice is joined by Jill Valentine (Guillory), a recently demoted member of Umbrella Corp’s elite Special Tactics and Rescue Services (S.T.A.R.S.), Terri Morales (Holt), Carlos Oliviera (Fehr), L.J. (Epps), and Nicholai (Ward) who must survive and escape what is quickly becoming a City of the Dead. To reach their goal, they will need to battle their way through the relentless onslaught of the ravenous undead, as well as Umbrella forces and terrifying bioengineered weapons, the most deadly of which is the colossal, heavily armed assassin, Nemesis

I want to throw up :thumbsdown: :frowning: :angry:. I loved the video game(s) as I've stated before. I was hoping for passionate recreation with the theme and eerie feeling of the game for the first R.E. Instead we got some hollywood hack job by Paul Anderson who butchered R.E with rock music and a brainless story, this looks to be bad too. Not one moment of R.E. was scary, it was never creepy and many of the effects were cheap. I feel like Charlie Brown after missing the football yet again right now!

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
The whole RE series was unscary after RE2. After that nothing in the series has compared to the pure psychological fright of "Silent Hill." Hopefully, the SH movie that was just announced will retain that and not go the RE1 movie route.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks