What's new

Resident Evil 2 (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
IN new news for that looks like a new director has been choosen. Here's a quote from IGN:
"Alexander Witt, who has served as second unit director on Daredevil, xXx, Black Hawk Down and Hannibal, will make his feature-directing debut with the project."

This too me is rather upsetting. I thought Paul.W.S. Anderson did rather well and I really like some of his other films. Here's hoping that I guess.

OcieB

Stunt Coordinator
The first one was suprisingly good. I am dissapointed that the same director isnt being called in. oh well, horray for hollywood.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It's a cheesy horror film starring a hot chick. Though the original Resident Evil 2 game had a pretty good story and execution for a film as it was.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
The official title was recently changed to Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse. It starts filmming this July.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
While it would be cool if it made an October release for Halloween, I doubt that it would happen well.

Apocalypse.....hmm.....doesn't sound bad. But could probably be better.

Matthew B

Auditioning
Here's hoping they keep to the original planned Milla Jovovich fighting NEMESIS thing they had planned originally.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The main problem with her fighting Nemesis is that they would ruin the chance for a third movie that would follow the games, sort of.

If you don't know, the first game is set in a mansion/undergound lab where the T-virus breaks out and turns people/animals into zombies/monsters and hell breaks loose. The team of people is sent in to investigate and control the situation, resulting in blowing up the compound.

In RE2, the sister of the male character from RE1 and a new cop meet up in Raccoon City, which has now been turned into hell because the virus from RE1 got out into the city and everyone is a zombie. Throughout the game, a character (referred to as a Tyrant) follows Leon and Claire (the two main characters) throughout the city. In the end, they escape through an underground railroad system connected to a lab that they access through the sewers.

In RE3, which takes place right before RE2 and goes to right after it, the female character from the first game, Jill (I think), is stalked by Nemesis, a mutated form of the Tyrant. The whole game is spent trying to get away from him.

If the movie of RE2 uses the idea from RE3 the game, then that would kinda ruin the idea of mimicking the RE games story-wise for the movies in order. Though, they kind of have to use this story, since they hint at it at the end of RE the movie.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I hope Resident Evil 2 spends more money on CG monsters. The CG Hunter/Licker from RE 1 was really , really bad.

I'm hoping they keep most of the same crew (Cinematographer & such) and continue to use Marylin Manson for writing the score (A most excellant score it was for part 1).

And I also hope they have even more LFE goodness on this movie. I've been looking for an excuse to buy a PC+16 subwoofer:D

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe they could use the plot from Code Veronica X, for the third movie? I'm not sure how that game fits in, as far as continuity goes.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Code Veronica (CVX was the PS2 version, which was pretty much CV from Dreamcast with an additional mode) did have a good story, but it would be hard to use the girl from the movies.

They could introduce a new male character in RE2 (the movie) and then have him do whatever Leon is going to do in RE4 (the game).

Matthew B

Auditioning
Post Edited By Administrator - Please do not use personal insults towards other members again, otherwise, your active membership will be in jeopardy.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Sorry. That's a very, VERY, basic overview of the series. And frankly, I didn't give away much more than what is written on the back of the games anyway.

And the thing about Nemesis in RE3, well, his character was part of the reason people bought the game to being with and his existence/reason in the game were common knowledge before the game even came out.

I still don't see why you're mad at me. Did you plan on playing the games at some point in the future? My reason for describing the first 3 games was to show how the stories of the movies wouldn't match up with the stories of the games directly if they use the story they plan to use for RE2: Apocalypse.

And I didn't ruin Code Veronica, Zero, or any of the other spinoffs.

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
Ok, this must be a joke. Who in their right mind would want to make Resident Evil:2 happen? Paul Verehoeven? I hope all actors are smart enough to turn this down. But the likes of Pauly Shore and Steve Guttenberg will act in anything...so what was the topic again?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks