What's new

Requesting Advice: 51" Widescreen (1 Viewer)

John_Mnocs

Auditioning
I recently became a new member but have been browsing the forums for some time now. I've learned a considerable amount from many of the members here in determining what to look for in a widescreen/HDTV and am almost ready to purchase my first. In the beginning, I was looking to spend no more than $1000 and get a 42", but after doing some investigating and getting deeper into this, I somehow have justified that a 51" and $2000 will be better (funny how this is :b ).

Originally, I was going to go with the Sony KP51WS500/510, but I'm sorta leaning towards the Toshiba 51H83/93. From what I've seen, each has their own set of problems at times, with Sony being more customer oriented when it comes to fixing problems. I will be getting the Protection Agreement wherever I purchase the TV, so that I do have the added/extended warranty and peace of mind.

Feel free to chime in and give your opinion on this or to recommend other brands, such as Samsung, Hitachi, Mits, etc. I plan on maintaining the forum here throughout my entire experience, from haggling, buying, shipping, setting up and viewing so that I can share my joy (or my pain :D ) with everyone. I will more than likely be purchasing the TV from Sears, Best Buy or Circuit City.

MalcolmC

Auditioning
John:

I am putting together a complete HT system, to be set up this Saturday. For me, the Toshiba Cinema Series 65 inch HX83 is the one. This is the new model, (replacing the HDX82), which I just found out is substantially less expensive than the previous model last year. This was a nice surprise. There are smaller displays available as well. Make sure you look at any display in operation before you buy.
Good luck.

MalcolmC

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Costco has a 53" Panny for $12 and a 50" Toshiba for $1600. Anyone have any opinions on those sets? (I don't have the model numbers handy.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks