What's new

Repo Man: Universal SE same as Anchor Bay? (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I have the opportunity to pick up a Universal copy of Repo Man fairly cheap, but wanted to make sure it's the same as the Anchor Bay SE. Anyone know of any differences?

Ron Morgan

Agent
I thought the Universal DVD was bare bones, but looking at in the store today I noticed that a Director's Commentary was listed as an extra. I could only find reviews for the R2 and R4 Universals and those are bare bones. I assume the commentary is ported over from the Anchor Bay release, but does anyone know for sure?

Randi

Stunt Coordinator
On the Anchor Bay release there is commentary by writer / director Alex Cox, executive producer Michael Nesmith, casting director Victoria Thomas, and actors Sy Richardson, Zander Schloss And Del Zamora.

I don't recall seeing this group on the Universal release as I did check awhile back so they may have gotten a different commentary out of Cox.

Miss Randi

Juan C

Second Unit

Just checked my copy, and that's the exact commentary on the Universal disc.

The other difference is that the new edition has English, French and Spanish subtitles, contrary to Anchor Bay tradition.

Ron Morgan

Agent
Thanks for the info. I can just stick with my Ancor Bay DVD. Now, if Universal would have added the TV cut as an extra, I would have double-dipped.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
There's a special edition of this one slated to come out in January. I dunno if it's a reprint of the old release (no specs, yet) or what, but it's listed as apart from the regular edition -- it's "special". ;)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
From www.dvdtimes.co.uk :

Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Repo Man (Special Edition) for 24th January 2006 priced at $19.98 SRP. Starring Emilio Estevez and Harry Dean Stanton this new special edition features exclusive bonus material including Up Close With Harry Dean Stanton, The Missing Scenes, Feature Commentary and Repossessed, a featurette which details the bizarre career of Michael Nesmith.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the tip on the graphic novel. The TV version is hilarious, mostly for the inept replacement of the incessant use of the f-word.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks