What's new

Replacement for "Short Cinema" series? (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I've been rewatching some of the "Short Cinema" releases with my girlfriend lately, and I've been craving more. Sadly, "Short Cinema" died a few years ago, but has anything come to take its place? I have volumes 1-11, but skipped on the International releases since they appeared to be made up of stuff I had already seen.

Does anyone know of something similar to the "Short Cinema" series; short films, documentaries and animations on a disc. I just ordered the "More" SE disc the other day; that was a highlight from the "Short" series for me.

Gord

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
No idea about a replacement, but I was always disappointed that they never got the Architect's Journal off the ground.

CameronMcC

Second Unit
Best of Resfest is pretty good. They only have put out three volumes (and I believe the first may be OOP now)

I love short films, but it seems that dvd distribution just wasn't doing as well as they hoped. I think there is a major future for shorts in the realm of itunes and the like.

I have been filling out my Shorts collection, but some of them are fetching a bit more than I would be willing to pay.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
The first Short Cinema was one of the first DVDs I bought, and I bought all the other volumes as they came out. I never heard what caused its demise, but I wish somebody would bring it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks