What's new

Replacement amp for SVS subwoofer? (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Well my trusty monoblock amp that's been powering my SVS for almost 8 years has bit the dust. Now I'm on the hunt for a decent (but not too expensive) replacement.

At the moment I'm considering the Emotiva XPA-100 and am curious what others thought about that amp, or whether there is general consensus for a better alternative at the ~$450 mark.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Chris S said:
Well my trusty monoblock amp that's been powering my SVS for almost 8 years has bit the dust. Now I'm on the hunt for a decent (but not too expensive) replacement.

At the moment I'm considering the Emotiva XPA-100 and am curious what others thought about that amp, or whether there is general consensus for a better alternative at the ~$450 mark.
What happened to the amp within the SVS subwoofer. ?

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
FoxyMulder said:
What happened to the amp within the SVS subwoofer. ?
It's probably an older SVS passive s/w.Chris, I use emotiva amps to power my full SVS system and love the results. They make a good match imho. I don't have direct experience with that particular monoblock unit, though I hear good things. SVS cust support might have some good amp recommendations as well. Sent from my HTC One using HTF mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks