What's new

Removing Sharpie from DVD discs (label side) (1 Viewer)

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought Punch-Drunk Love and One Hour Photo used from Blockbuster. When I got the discs home, I see that they've been marked up with sharpie marker - they have BBV and the disc numbers written on them. In addition to Sharpie, the PDL Disc is marked with some sort of gold pen.

Is there any solution that I can use to remove this writing without damaging the disc? Has anyone experienced this before when buying previously viewed?

Thanks!

Bob

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator
That's happened to me... but I did it myself. I used to mark my DVDs with a Sharpie just to remind friends who borrowed them who they belonged to. But I stopped doing it... marking them, that is, but I still loan them out, to a select few friends.

I hope your disks were only marked on the inner hub, not the silkscreened label. Anyway, go to your pharmacy and get the purest grade isopropyl alcohol (98%, I think), and with Q-Tips, you should be able to carefully rub them off. I didn't think it would work either since those Sharpies are supposed to be permanent. But it works.

Good luck.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Also, try Goo Gone or Sticky Stuff Remover; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But this is what I use on my Blockbuster PVs.

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
I second Goo Gone. I have used it on the blockbuster black sharpie and even the gold and silver pens that they sometimes used. Worked great!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks