What's new

Remotes Controls and Holders (1 Viewer)

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
I was wondering what the best remote control is on the market for a reasonable cost. I aw the Sony RM-AV2100 for 94.00 (shipping not included). Also, as for remote control holders. Do most just make their own? If not, does anyone know of a place online to look and purchase remote holders? Thanks.
Link Removed

Neil Weinstock

Stunt Coordinator
This probably belongs in a different forum, but I (along with many others) am a huge fan of the Home Theater Master MX-500.

Now that I have only one remote, I don't worry so much about a "remote holder". Mine sits on the coffee table...

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Like all home theater gear, cost is relative. That said, the Pronto is probably the best in the under $500 category. The base model can usually be had for around $200-250. The Pronto Pro (the color version) is probably the best remote under $1000. After that, the next step takes you to the world of Crestron - and a move up to pricing around $3000 and up.
All of the above are touchscreen controllers that let the user (or, in some cases, hired designer) completely customize the look and feel of the remote. To learn more about the Pronto models check out Remote Central. There you'll find very active forums for all the Pronto models and other remotes as well (including the TheaterMaster). Plus, they have a fantastic download section of Pronto designs. You can search by design as well as equipment controlled.
The Pronto comes with pretty nice PC-based design software. Though it isn't perfect, it is quite good.
-greg

Jim Mc

Agent
Try the local gun shop. Maybe a nice hip or better yet shoulder holster for that remote. Don't forget a bandolier for those batteries.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks