What's new

Remember having hearing tests in school? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
That's funny, once I read this post, I raised my hand!!!
:)
Jay
------------------
HUGGBEES!
Certified HTF bike nut and mayor of
Obscuria.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I just got back from seeing all the latest and greatest in ENT exam stuff.
They can now stick a probe in your ear and tell all you guys are "feigning" a hearing loss.
biggrin.gif

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I remember those.
In fact, now that I'm actually thinking about it, there seemed to be an inordinate number of various tests, etc. occurring in school. What's up with that?
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

Brad_W

Screenwriter
The reason for the hearing tests is because hearing can affect speach and learning. If not properly treated, hearing loss can... lose hearing. Anyway, sometimes the reason a child may do poorly in school is because they can't hear and process what they are learning. As part of my speech assistant degree, I had to take an audiology class. It mostly delt with infants, but also had to apply with everyone else.
------------------
"People = Sh*t" - Slipknot
My Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
That's funny, once I read this post, I raised my hand!!!
huh?? Were they different across the country? we had to stick our hands in this little hole and open them when we heard a sound (the administers of the test could see down the middle of the table and note which hands did/did not open).

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
The hearing test I had required me to raise my hand upon hearing the sound. I often wonder if my hearing has decreased since that time. It's been about 15 years since I had a hearing test.
The good thing is, I can hear well enough to discern a difference between dts and Dolby Digital.
wink.gif

------------------
fightclub33.jpg

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I'd put the headphones on and clench my fist for every sound, including the cars that went down the block.
Glenn

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Funny this post came up. I took a hearing test a month ago as part of a medical and found out one interesting fact.
I hear better from my right ear than my left. At least now I know which way to turn the balance...
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yup, our tests in elementary school were all individual where the tester was behind a glass wall in another room and you sat there on the other side (kind of like visiting hours at the local jail!!) and you had some headphones on (with those puffy earpieces) and raised your hand when you heard a tone, usually going up in frequency as the test progresses. Then you started to daydream and think of the cutest girl in your 5th grade algebra class and then you find yourself raising your hand every 30 seconds even when you have totally zoned out and the test giver is making funny faces at you in complete astonishment.... but I digress... :)
Jay
------------------
HUGGBEES!
Certified HTF bike nut and mayor of
Obscuria.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I still have hearing tests for my work. At least now, I get a little booth and a clicker. That way, I can just randomly press the button and they have to keep administering the test because of "equipment failure".
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Here's an interesting fact:
American smokers will have slight hearing loss in their left ear because they have the window in their car rolled down more often than non-smokers.
------------------
"People = Sh*t" - Slipknot
My Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508