What's new

REM CD + DVD-A editions disappearing? (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
So...I've noticed that REM's CD + DVD-A editions have become scarce. Amazon seems down to their last stock on them, and my local Tower Records, Best Buy, and Borders no longer have them. Anyone know? Were these supposed to be limited editions?

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

This new "Best of IRS" looks interesting. There is a single CD & a double CD version. The double CD includes about 15 "unreleased" tracks & demos that are not available on the single CD release.

There is also a companion DVD. It has all the IRS music videos & much more. None of it ever before available on DVD. Looks excellent!

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I don't know that they were limited editions but I have no reason to believe anymore will ever be manufactured. What I would question is are there large inventories of the titles somewhere but I sure doubt it. Very few new titles or re-releases are being done on DVD-A by Warner. Warner has announced their intention to start releasing DVD Albums. Will the R.E.M. DVD-A titles show up in that format? That is the only likely way to see any further Warner R.E.M. DVD-A's released as far as I know. It is all pretty unclear right now but DVD Albums with CD's included may not be in the future. If the DVD-A/CD set is what you want, I would say buy now.

Chris

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I wouldn't base much on the absence of these CD + DVD(-A) "Deluxe Editions" at most B&Ms, especially Borders. More noteworthy is the listing of less than 5 each at Amazon as of this typing for Monster, Green and Out Of Time.

Looks like all three of those are in stock at both Music Direct and Elusive Disc though, both of which are far better destinations for high rez than Tower. (Plus it looks like there's plenty of pre-owned available via Amazon, an attractive option given that $22.99 Amazon wants for each.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks