What's new

Releasing the authoring environment of SONY PCL and BD video (1 Viewer)

MarekM

Supporting Actor
interesting article.....

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...915%2Fspcl.htm

"Releasing the authoring environment of SONY PCL and BD video
- While producing 2/3 of software 2 layer. As for "innocence" MPEG-2/37.5Mbps"

"In addition, because there is no encoder of the present compressed format concerning 7.1ch sound, you say that becomes correspondence only of linear PCM 7.1ch. By the way, as for sound "of innocence" BD video, linear PCM 7.1ch/ Dolby digital EX (6.1ch) /DTS-ES (6.1ch) it is the schedule which is recorded in 3 types of full rate."

"Presently at the same company only MPEG-2 is adopted. "There is no schedule which adopts VC-1, but the midst when detailed examination is done concerning H.264/AVC. Cooperating with SONY, it is advancing also the development of the encoder ", that although it does, you say that also the advantage of MPEG-2 is large."

"As for AVC with still new technology, optimum tuning of the AVC appearance becomes necessary. In addition, as for being important, if it is MPEG-2, say that you can encode in real time. It is very important "to be responded to excellent demand, that, it emphasizes that the merit with respect to job is large."

Jeff(R)

Second Unit

So, according to the translation, 2/3 of all titles they are working on now are dual layer.

MarekM

Supporting Actor

yes Jeff, but well I know that bablefish do wrong translation....... I think, yes 2/3 will be DL....

I can dig up same thread on avs forums....... there is much more talk...

Marek

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks