What's new

Region Free DVD Player - RJ Tech, Shinsonic, RSQ (1 Viewer)

Young Jun

Auditioning
Does anyone have experiences with these brands? They're all cheap - I can get them for $130 - $200 on Ebay. I'm wondering if the build quality, picture, sound, (all of the above?), is unacceptable. I already have a decent Panasonic A120U player, but am thinking about getting one of these for the Region-free and/or Karaoke functionality.

Thanks!
Young

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They're pieces of crap, same thing as Apex but you're paying even more

Get a Malata for $50 more

Robert Woods

Stunt Coordinator
You - and others - might try to find DVD players meant for sale in Europe - most will play Region 1 and Region 2 with either no hack or easy hack.

The transformers on most are supposedly 220V - but are set up to also work with 110V WITHOUT any modification! (and even if it wouldn't be - a step down xfrmr for these power ratings would be cheap).

And the NTSC/PAL problem is also solved as all Euro DVD players are set up for both PAL AND NTSC.

These things are light enough that you can always con someone visiting Europe to bring one back for you - cost in Europe about 130-150 USD - and you might even be able to get the sales tax deducted as you'll be taking it out of the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks