What's new

Region 2 Japan Dances with Wolves Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
This set selling for 8900 yen will have the long edition and the regular edition. This is nothing to make you excited maybe. But, the long edition will be in DTS. That, I am sure is not in the US edition.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Given the large amount of native American dialogue in this film, unless the DVD is subtitled in English, there is little point in importing this title.

RexW

Stunt Coordinator
Reserved my copy over the weekend.
Saw the DTS on the long edition and that proved to be the clincher.
Just have to figure out how to explain to my wife about the price.........

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
more than likely it'll be burned in english titles with soft Japanese over thetop
The European DTS version will not have burnt-in subtitles and, until this DVD is released and the issue is confirmed, I wouldn't rush to divest myself of over $75!

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
Of course, this may be true. However, a lot of discs lately have the English translation of the other language (German, French, etc.) as well as the Japanese translation. Lord of the Rings Region 2 for example with Elvish is translated into English.

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
I own several Japanese release of R1 films. In the case that Japanese releases have dts, and R1 counterparts do not, the audio performance usually blows R1 away.

In addition, the Japanese release does not have burnt in English or Japanese subtitles.

This Japanese release is limited to 15000 copies, and it comes with a leather case

Disk 1: Theatrical cut 181 minutes
Anamorphic Widescreen
Audio: English DD 5.1, Japanese DD 2.0
Subtitles: Japanese, English

Disk 2 and 3: Extended Cut 237 minutes
Anamorphic Widescreen
Audio: English dts 5.1, English DD 5.1
Subtitles: Japanese, English

Disk 4: Extras 129 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks