What's new

Refurb Denon Avr-3803 (1 Viewer)

Minesh Patel

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, damn, I was planning on getting a Yamaha 1400 or 2400, or the Pioneer Elite 55TXi or 53TX, but this price is unbelievable. I'm having a really hard time not pulling the trigger. I plan on using outboard amplification with any receiver I buy. Other than price, any reason to buy the Denon & not the Yamaha or Pioneers?

John S

Senior HTF Member
The Denon's make for really great pre-amps / processors.
You got a really hard choice.

Another post on here got me thinking, though, if there was a way to electonically cross over using another multi channel amp for say the low end and the Denon amps for the high end, then you could multichannel true bi amp, I think I will have found bliss in the universe...... lol

Mike Pollmann

Stunt Coordinator
Minesh-

I was considering the same choices for a receiver: Pioneer Elite 53TX, Yamaha 1400/2400, and a Denon 2803. This 3803 price sealed the deal for me, though. I realized the Pioneer wouldn't have enough A/V inputs for me (it only has 4), and the thing I disliked about the Yamahas is that they don't remember settings per source. This means if you turn up the sub while watching a movie, it's the same even for listening to music. The settings aren't independent per source/setting like on the Denons. These two factors (and the great price!) turned me on to the 3803.

Even so, I wasn't planning on buying for another month.. but well, who can say no to this deal. :D

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Boy have you seen all of the 3803's on auction on Ebay. I wonder how many of those was purchased from 6ave.com?

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
*doing the happy dance*

Yep, getting in on this is the best deal I've found/made in a long time! :D:emoji_thumbsup: I can't imagine it lasting much longer though. Glad I got in on it.

RE: the EBay auctions. Capitalism is one thing, but there's always going to be "the sharks" around that will take advantage of a situation and ruin it for everyone. :rolleyes

GarAlb

Stunt Coordinator
*Doing extra happy dance!*

I checked the 6ave site this morning and mine shipped out last night :D! Now to waste a bunch of time on the UPS site tracking it as it makes it's way here to Albuquerque. I just hope now they didn't find a bunch of 3802's in the back of the warehouse :frowning:. I doubt it though. About a month ago I bought a 1603 for my wife to use in the kitchen and they sent me a 1604 :emoji_thumbsup:.

*Doing more extra happy dancing!*

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

Wahahahaha!! I do that too! :b

/stare at screen
/refresh screen
*damn, no change!*
/stare at screen
/refresh screen
*damn, no change!*

Ahahaha, that's too funny! :)

Real Name
Karl
Oh the torture! Mine was sent out on the 7th and is "scheduled" for delivery tomorrow here in Southern California. However, knowing UPS I'm not expecting it to be here but I will still be refreshing my tracking page all day long....

Mike Pollmann

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm.. No shipping info on mine yet. Although I suspect mine got delayed by a day because I used an alternate shipping address and had to go through the extra steps for that.

Waiting is hard. :D

How long has this deal been going on and how much longer do you expect it to go on, I am low on cash this week and will not have the funds till next week, but I really want it. Grrr all I can do is hope...

GarAlb

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered mine on Sunday (11/9). Have you checked your invoice # against the order tracking link on their web site? I never received an e-mail that it shipped.

Mike Pollmann

Stunt Coordinator
It's possible that they're behind updating the order status, and GarAlb just happens to be one of the ones they've gotten to. Maybe due to so many orders? :)

I called and they said they are getting another shipment Monday or Tuesday from Denon. More waiting! It said "in stock" when I ordered it on Friday. Lame.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I emailed my sales guy yesterday to ask when it would ship and he emailed me back today.

My order will ship in 3-4 days...should have it in less than two weeks. I won't be home to check it out until the end of the month anyway. :frowning: But it'll be there waiting for me like a good puppy. :) I can wait. I know it's on the way. :D:emoji_thumbsup:

What a DEAL this is. I am watching with mild amusement and awe; I want to see how long this lasts...someone's GOT TO pull the plug on this soon.

I mean, when the cheapest authorized dealer online has it for $1K (not counting Goodguys...they are off the list now) and you find it for $650? Holy crud....I should've bought ten. ;)

Mike Pollmann

Stunt Coordinator
Despite my original email from them saying it'd ship in 24 hours, they now told me "it'll ship by next Wednesday." Kind of disappointing, but still glad to be getting it for a good price. As long as it's here before Thanksgiving, I'll be happy. :D

- Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks