What's new

Refurb Denon Avr-3803 (1 Viewer)

John S

Senior HTF Member
If I need a new reciever, I'd probably jump on those refurbs... $528 is a steal... $648 is a dang great price as well for new....

John S

Senior HTF Member
Almost amazing what a 4802 still goes for... dang...
I think my wallet still hurts some from that purchase.
Ahh the price for that silly little THX cert... lol

I emailed a couple of people that want such a product with both deals.. If the new $649 one is from a factory cert dealer, that is a screaming deal indeed, and I agree well worth every extra penny.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

You sure about that ? Not that it matters, I paid 850.00 for it from an unauthorized dealer 8 months ago. Still working like a charm !

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Copied and pasted from Denon's website...
(BTW, it appears GoodGuys have dropped Denon from their website. Don't know if it has something to do with Comp USA buying GoodGuys?)

Authorized DENON Online E-Tailers:
GoodGuys.com

ListenUp.com

Crutchfield.com

6th Avenue Electronics.com

Abt Electronics.com (Specialty Audio Only)

Tweeter.com

ecost.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only)

PC Mall.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only)

Mac Mall.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only)

Club Mac.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only)

Dakmart.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only - An e-bay Reseller)

John S

Senior HTF Member
Dang, that would mean the ecost $528 deal or whatever it was, would have full warranty also right????

lol I paid way to much for my 4802... lol

I am happy with it though...

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Yeah, even though I paid right at a grand for my 3803, I bought it at that price almost a year ago. I've never regretted buying it and still don't...

Greg.E

Auditioning
It's true, I just bought a new Denon 3803 from 6th Ave and the total with shipping is $648.06. Simply amazing. I was shopping my local high-end dealer and they would not come off MSRP of $1199.00. Now I have to buy 2 more speakers!

Cy Jervis

Agent
I just bought one also. I couldn't justify $1000 for a receiver and was thinking about settling for the 2803 or not upgrading at all, but for this price I couldn't help but buy one :D . I made the order over the phone (played dumb about the free upgrade) and was told they were expecting more 3803s next week and mine will be one of those.

GarAlb

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Guys,

Any update on this deal? I'm really interested in the deal and I want to do the right thing to make sure I don't get the 3802. Can you just order the 3802 over the web?

Thanks!

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Just play dumb over the phone like others and hope you fall through the cracks like others. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Pollmann

Stunt Coordinator
I just placed an order on the website for a 3802. Going to call them in the morning to verify the switch. (I was going to wait until tomorrow to order by phone, but then I started getting nervous that they might yank the 3802 off the site immediately Monday morning. So I got my foot in the door, so to speak. :)) Very much looking forward to a 3803!

- Mike

GarAlb

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

Could you let us know how you make out? I'm hoping to score one of these myself:D.

Thanks!

Greg.E

Auditioning
I just called 6th Ave to order a Denon receiver and asked if they were substituting the 3803 for the 3802. The Phone Rep said that they were. My new 3803 will be delivered 11/12. $648.06 total. Don't hesitate to ask.

Mike Pollmann

Stunt Coordinator
I got a verbal confirmation on the switch this morning. (Of course, it was a 'yeah'. The guy wasn't real wordy.) I'll let you know when it shows up. :)

Lanny Hoff

Stunt Coordinator
I called them and just asked outright what the deal was. The sales associate was up-to-speed on the deal and said "Yep, that's right. Great deal, huh?"

The order took about 3 minutes (including some time spent talking about football and hockey) and it's done. A new AVR-3803 for $648.06 delivered to my door.

Just call them and mention that you've heard they were substituting the 3803 for the 3802 and see what happens. I got an invoice emailed back to me that clearly shows the 3803. No mention of the 3802 anywhere.

I think this is their very tricky way of getting around MSRP issues with Denon, but I'm all for it!

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

Holy.

Crap.

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

*runs to get wallet* I gotta do this. Gotta. Got TO. Gotta get it. Wasn't gonna...gotta save money...deal too good. Must have HT gear....*eyes glaze over*

Chuck Frady

Second Unit
Just talked to Joe at ext 513 at 6th Ave.
He said they are automatically upgrading the 3802 to the 3803 for the same price. I asked why are they doing this and he said because they are out of the 3802 and are just doing it because its good customer service.

They currently don't have any in stock as of this morning, but are expecting more in on Thursday.

For a total of 648.06 shipped UPS ground, how can you go wrong.

When you call to place your order, give Joe a call at the above extension. Perhaps they are on commission and he was very nice on the phone.

Chuck

vinson

Auditioning
I put in an order over the internet on Sunday night. Then just called them right now and they said they were sending me a 3803 and that it had already shipped.

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
*runs to get wallet* I gotta do this. Gotta. Got TO. Gotta get it. Wasn't gonna...gotta save money...deal too good. Must have HT gear....*eyes glaze over*
Must.. resist.. urge..! Damn what a slamming deal. I just bought a receiver a couple months ago but the deal is so good Im actually talking myself into for the better warranty and remote to justify it!
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks