What's new

Reference Quality Games? (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Halo definitely has no center. But it still sounds awesome. And in my opininon is the best looking game on Xbox next to Dead or alive 3. I wonder if DOA beach volley ball looks as good.

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator
For sound in the heat of battle, I have yet to find a more enveloping and engaging experience than Ghost Recon.

JohanD

Stunt Coordinator
I second Jedi Knight II for PC.. the sound track is awesome.. sound effects and voice-overs good too.. not to mention the visuals are nice :)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I have a Toshiba TW40x81 16x9 set. I tried running Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 in 720p...but it turns out my TV doesn't support 720 :frowning:

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I tried running Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 in 720p...but it turns out my TV doesn't support 720p
Most sets will not let 720p run in its native format. Unless you have a projector or monitor that delivers 720p untouched you're watching an upsampled/downsampled (depending on who you're talking to) version. 720p will most likely be converted to 1080i, at which point you're at the mercy of the scaler making the transition.

Damien

Supporting Actor
Sega GT 2002 has very good quality surround, you can tell a lot of time was spent on it.

Dave.A.C

Agent
Halo not just for a passive display of a great soundtrack (best around, imo) and exceptional graphics, but as an active demo of DD in-game. Having somebody who has never experienced anything beyond a PS2 sit down and play the opening battle on Silent Cartographer on Normal or Heroic is pretty cool. You get a similar (smaller scale) experience to the opening of MOH, only in real time.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I have to second Panzer Dragoon Orta. I just started playing this over the weekend, and in my opinion it is the best-looking game available on the Xbox. Absolutely astonishing. It also happens to be a fantastic game. What an Xbox month I'm having, first with KOTOR and now PDO! :emoji_thumbsup:

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Andy,

Eternal Darkness... darn right! Although it gets annoying after a while, those random knocks on the door, crying, screaming all around you... play that badboy in the dark, you really will think you're going nuts.

EdR

Second Unit
MotoGP 2 is a graphical feast, 5.1 surround is integral to the game. About the only weak spot is the engine sounds and collision sounds.

THPS4 looks amazing on my projector @ 720p, definitely reference graphics.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Deathrow

A highly underrated game on the Xbox. 16x9, DD 5.1, excellent graphics and great use of all channels. Something has to be said about being cussed out by different players in all 5 surround speakers. Some great bass when you perform a special 'slowmo' move or a 'deathrow'. :D

Andy_Munich

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
My user ID is a clever riddle!
Yep, Eternal Darkness is certainly an HT winner. Overall, the Gamecube is much more generous with HT features than I expected. I wish my Ps2 could compete.

Nintendo should work to make that component cable more accessible though. I'd to think people might be writing off the 'cub without having seen some of its titles in all their glory.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks