What's new

Red Tails (January 20, 2012) (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Decent looking action sequences. Have no idea how good the acting or writing is, though.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ron-P said:
Looks like Star Wars set during WWII.
Full circle, since Star Wars was basically WWII set during Star Wars. :) This is Lucas's story treatment with another writer's script and another person directing. Worked out pretty well for a little thing called Empire. ;)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I remember this being talked about 20 years ago, and then it got lost. But I fully expected it to appear before the prequel trilogy of films. Looking forward to it finally coming.

Wasn't Michael Dorn attached to this at some point? In the 90s, perhaps?

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
A film produced by George Lucas that isn't part of the Star Wars or Indiana Jones franchise? I'm surprised. Now, can you go on and make those small personal movies you would do after Star Wars was finished?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
EricW said:
This is going to make Bay's Pearl Harbor look like Thin Red Line.
You can tell that from a 2 minute teaser trailer? You're good. Even at his worst, Lucas still has more going for him as a filmmaker than Michael Bay ever will.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
You can tell that from a 2 minute teaser trailer? You're good. Even at his worst, Lucas still has more going for him as a filmmaker than Michael Bay ever will.

clearly my opinion is an assumption. I am not a Michael Bay fan, and i LOVE the theatrical Star Wars mythology, but I would rather sit through anything in the 3 hours of Pearl Harbour than any scene involving Jar Jar, or Padme vs Anakin on politics. but let's not turn this thread into a fanboy war.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, it already looks better to me than "Pearl Harbor", but I'll wait for more evidence that it is worse since it will have to be extraordinarily bad to meet that film's pedigree. Lucas isn't the director or screenwriter, so I expect it will be better than the Star Wars prequels. This film is going to have some way to go to beat its real competition -The Tuskegee Airmen- since it is covering the same ground as that film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks