What's new

Red line at top of Wega (1 Viewer)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
There is a red line that starts about 3 inches in from the upper left-hand corner of my KV-32FS12 32" wega and runs for about 5 inches before and then disapears. I say line, because its just a very thin red band at the top of the screen. It is there all the time (I think) but it is most obvious when I switch picture inputs or when the screen goes blank loading up a DVD menu. Any ideas? Is this something I can fix through the service menu? or do I need to get the TV repaired/replaced? Its only about 10 days old. The only thing I've done so far is turn the red push off. What should I do?
------------------
0277.gif
0309.gif
0286.gif
0289.gif

My DVD "Profile"
The start of my Home Theater website

David Langer

Auditioning
funny that you mention that. i have it on my Wega. I have the KV32FS17.
i only see it when i play a widescreen dvd. i don't get it when watching tv.
it is not that noticeable on mine. i don't know how to take care of it.

Tom Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know that there is any connection, but there is a known problem with some Sony's that when you are connected to a satellite signal through an s-video running to your tv and have your dvd hooked up with component cables, it produces lines when playing dvd. if you are hooked up to a satellite, try turning the satellite receiver off when you play your next dvd. if the line is gone, this was your problem. Sony knows about this and there is supposed to be a fix. Hope this helps, TJW

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Its actually fixed on mine. I went into the service mode and bumped the picture up. This was actually needed and not a quick fix for this one problem. According to the grids on the avia disk, my picture was actually a bit too high.
------------------
My Website: Link Removed
e-mail me: [email protected]
My DVD Profiler
Paradigm Lover
Link Removed

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Try increasing the overscan by increasing picture height.
It is not unusual for ragged edges or thin discolored edge lines to be visible when overscan is very small or eliminated. Also the picture may contract slightly when the overall content is relatively dark so the line you mention is seen only during darker scenes or when there are letterbox bars, especially if overscan is adjusted to be small during a light scene.
Other video hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks