Red Dwarf 3

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jonathan White, May 24, 2003.

1. Jonathan White

Jonathan White Stunt Coordinator

Looks like it is due this November and there is also a rough draft of the cover up at http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/

"We will confirm the actual release date as soon as we can. It is going to be sometime in November

The DVD will be packed with bonus material just like Series 1 & 2 including out takes and interviews plus much more that we can not reveal to you yet as it's still in production!"

Great news

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I should warn that that date is for UK ONLY

Series 3 and 4 will hit the US February 2004

3. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

It's a damn shame that they are only releasing it once a year. I've got the first two series and I'm impatiently waiting for the rest of them. Still, they certainly are nicely put together...the commentaries are quite fun to listen to. I just which that they would release 2 sets every six months instead.[​IMG]

4. andrew markworthy

In fairness, a lot of the key personnel have been involved in making the Red Dwarf movie, which may account for the apparently sluggish release schedule.

I must admit that I'm salivating at the prospect of this DVD. The standards of the last disc were high, and series 3,4, and 5 are my favourites. Sorry you guys across the Herring Pond have to wait another few months. [​IMG]

5. JoeMKal

JoeMKal Stunt Coordinator

is there any difference between the region 1 and 2 discs they're releasing (or have released) as far as features etc

6. Jeff Kleist

The only difference is that a montage of drinking scenes is missing that used the Chumbawumba "Tubthumping" song that they didn't have rights to in the US

7. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

That song's poularity has really declined. How expensive could it be?

8. Jeff Kleist

It's still used all over the place, and it's still big in the UK. A minimum of $10,000, probably closer to $30 as high as $50,000

For a 3min montage of drinking clips

Not worth it

9. Elvie

Elvie Stunt Coordinator

Silly question this early I know, but will they release Series 3 & 4 together like they did 1 & 2?? The RD site only seems to list Series 3 *hmmm*

I'll try to be patient while waiting *runs off to pop series 1 & 2 back into dvd player*

10. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

11. Jonathan White

Jonathan White Stunt Coordinator

12. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

And we all know when you hit 30 you start losing your eyesight...

13. Elvie

Elvie Stunt Coordinator

14. Chris_Marin

Chris_Marin Stunt Coordinator

Red Dwarf Series 3 & 4 have now been officially announced:

"BBC have sent us details of their February 3rd releases of the third and fourth series of Red Dwarf. Each set will all cotain six episodes for each series and will cost $34.98 each.

The Series 3 set will include audio commentaries with the cast members for all six episodes; an All Change documentary; raw FX rootage; isolated music cues; trailers; a 12-page collector's booklet; a Food featurette; Hattie's DJ Diary, A Tribute To Designer Mel Bibby; audio book chapters; a photo gallery; and Smeg-Ups & deleted scenes galore.

Series 4 will have cast commentaries for each episode; a Built To Last documentary; a Lurve featurette; the Can't Smeg Won't Smeg special; an Ace Rimmer - A Life In Lame featurette; raw FX footage; isolated music cues; trailers, a 12-page collector's booklet; Smeg-Ups and deleted scenes and a photo gallery."

Click here for the full article including large images of the cover art.

15. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

It might also be of interest, as I mentioned when I posted this news 2 weeks ago ( :wink: ), is that these are also going to be available together in a 2-Pack on the same release date. Though the SRP ends up being about the same, it's probable that retailers will sell the combo pack for less then getting the separate releases.

P.S. - don't forget that "Additionally, the first 30,000 units will contain a limited edition, exclusive trading card set!"

16. Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski Supporting Actor

Oh Smeg!

17. Will_B

Will_B Producer