What's new

Red 2 Quick Review (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
just finished. One of the more enjoyable action films this year. The comedy elements all worked for meASent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This film will have its supporters and detractors depending on whether the action and humor works for you or not.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
My wife and I saw a lot of the negative reviews but loved the first one. The second isn't ad good as the first one but it still made me laugh quote a bit. Light hearted and goofy, probably the most goof ball fun in a non kid film, despite the critics take for me
Upon getting home, I was reminded of films that fit the bill.. while the first Red was a rompy actioner, this film reminds me a lot of say, Cannonball Run.. (which, sorry I love the original) just a broad road trip movie that focused on the yucks with a few that really paid off.

I'm reminded of a lot of other films this summer that will do better business (like Superman) which simply aren't as silly fun .. and sometimes, that's what I need, a silly fun vehicle with Mary Louise Parker in a lead roll.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
My wife and I saw this last night. We both loved the first one but the sequel is a little different than the original. It has less humor and more seriousness about it. I would describe RED as a comedy with over the top action and RED2 as an action movie that doesn't take itself too seriously. There is nothing wrong with RED2 and is quite good but we were hoping for something much closer to RED in tone and style.

There were a fair number of people at the 7pm show and we found it interesting that we were among the youngest 20% of the audience in our mid 40's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks