What's new

Recording cable on the VCR--revisited (1 Viewer)

Bob Elliott

Agent
I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but....

I checked the back of the TV. There is no video output, just a right and left audio.

How can I record the higher cable channels on the VCR with this television? The VCR tuner goes up to 125 but for channels higher than that I don't know what to do. Please help. Thanks.

Bob Elliott

Agent
The problem is that the VCR tuner doesn't have channels that go high enough. For instance how do I record channel 270?

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I'm assuming you have a cable box that tunes ALL your channels, including the higher ones.

Treat your VCR like a TV; ie, if you leave your TV on channel 3 and change channels with your cable box - do the same with your VCR. Set it to channel 3 and set your channel to 270 on the cable box, begin recording.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Channels above 100 are only tunable by the digital cable box. Regular TVs and VCRs only have analog tuners with channels from 2-99. You need to record from the output from the digital cable box, for best quality connect the yellow composite video and red/white stereo audio outputs to the corresponding inputs on the VCR. You record on the VCR selecting external input. Unfortunately for timer recording you have to manually select the channels from the cable box, your VCR can't do that unless it has the ability to control the cable box that some highend models can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks