What's new

Recommnedations for audio speakers (1 Viewer)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Anyone have any good suggestions for some stereo speakers? I haven't purchased any since college and I'm way out of the loop. I'm looking for bookshelfs, music only, around $500.

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
there are so many to choose from. in addition to the ones above, add PSB, monitor audio, klipsch, deftech, aperion, av123, energy, paradigm, epos, era, polk, kef, mirage, nht and the list goes on and on...

what you should do if you can is go listen to as many speakers as you can in a speciality audio stores. if none are near you, a magnolia section in a best buy is second best option. these will at least give you a point of reference for what is out there. listen at, above and below your price point. bring music you know well to test drive. if you find something you love, great, buy it. if you're not sure try one of the internet direct companies most of which have very good return policies and customer service.

good luck.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Thanks for the replies!

And yes, plan-A was to do the live auditioning, but when I went to look for local stores there were none left that are nice and close. That leaves me with Best Buy and on-line. So that's why I wanted some brand names, I would at least be working from a pool of known entities.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I went with the Axiom M3s. They were actually for my son's xmas present, so I haven't tried them out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks