Recommended projectors

Discussion in 'Displays' started by CurtJ, Jan 1, 2006.

1. CurtJ

CurtJ Stunt Coordinator

for a dedicated home theater room/sports room. I will be watching a ton of football and would like to spend around 2-5K. Are there any that you would recommend?

2. Oren Paul

Oren Paul Stunt Coordinator

I use a Panny L-500 in a room with good light control 12' X 35' x 9' on a 92" standard white screen in low lamp mode. The current Panasonic is two generations advanced over what I have and is in your price range. I have had my unit in use since July of '04 and it has exceeded all expectations. FOOTBALL IN HD IS AWESOME, especially the stations that broadcast in 720P; and yes I can tell the difference between 720P and 1080i.

I spent around 2500 including ceiling mount, cables, and an extra lamp (which I have not yet needed because I run in low lamp mode).

Hope this helps

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    You have a lot of choices. Do you want a HD projector? Do you want a DLP or LCD projector? Do you want a native 4:3 or 16:9 projector?

4. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Two extremely good values in 720p projectors:

Panisonic PT-AE900

and

Sanyo PLV-Z4

Choosing between them is personal preference, but those two seem to be the golden boys of value right now. Expect to pay around 2000-2500 for either one shipped.

5. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Panasonic AE 900U is a great choice, the new Infocus DLPs could be good too.