What's new

Recommended 1080p HDMI monitor? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I think I need a low-cost 1080p HDMI monitor, to use for configuring my HTPC. It's a nuisance to power up the projector, and use it for Windows desktop, anytime I want to work on the HTPC. It's also probably not great for the projector. But I won't use the monitor much once the PC is configured and the theater room is complete: so in about 3 months, the monitor will be rarely used.

Something about $100 or less would be best. NewEgg sent me an ad that looked attractive. But I'm so out of date on the monitor situation, I don't know if this is a good option or not. Recommendations?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-060416-Index-_-LCDLEDMonitors-_-24009754-S0A

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure it will suit my needs, but I need to take a look. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Craigslist. Cheap TVs are now an upgrade path and people like me have old small monitors in their closets. I paid $180 for a 32" 1080P Sharp TV last fall which I use with my desktop. My video card already supported HDMI.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Good idea. I looked at CraigsList this morning. Unfortunately there's nothing especially appealing in my area. That is, I can buy a used HDTV for $100, and drive two hours round trip to get it, or I can buy a new 1080p monitor for $125 shipped two-day from Amazon.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I bought a Seiki 19" for $68 as an open box from HH Gregg back when. I think 19" are under $90.

Do you "need 1080P", or just need it to support 1080P?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I ordered the Asus monitor.

I tried Windows Remote Desktop, from my Win10 / Mac install and couldn't get it to work. I think it would work, with time to figure it out. But I'm short on time. And because I'm debugging DVD playback, i still need a dedicated monitor for some of it.

I need 1080p to be resolution match to my projector. I don't want to unknowingly add resolution-switching issues into my HTPC configuration and debugging process.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks