What's new

Recommendations needed (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Ok I have not posted here for a while and been out of the business for a while. I have a client(different business than audio now)/friend that is quite wealthy but refuses to deal with any of our local companies because all they see is dollar signs. I convinced him to at least have his new condo prewired by them but he wants to get his own gear elsewhere as they want him to do crestron and other high end things he doesn't want to do. He has literally as much money as he wants to spend(literally) but needs to feel value for it. What I need from you all is two system recommendations to begin- Room 1 main area wants something multizone to handle 3 other speakers plus the 5.1 setup(will never be used same time for the most part) Ipod play playback, possibly HD/blueray combo, fron speakers are all floor standing/ exposed center, rears are in ceiling. really wants these speakers to have a sexy/contemporary look. In the second listening/tv room, multizone again, but fronts are in wall, rears in ceiling. Would like to have same receiver and dvd player on both sides for ease of use. Is going to use about 3 or 4 different harmony 1000's throughout the condo(how many different codes can these be assigned for different ones?)

I know I left alot out but any help is appreciated

Jasen Chandler

Stunt Coordinator
There is a lot to be said for the local installers to reccomend crestron. It does what it does well. You should explain to him the value of an integrated system, having a local installer do it especially a reputable one will give him a great system as well as support down the line. When you get into multi-zone multi room systems that integrate with mulitple devices the prices go up.

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
I agree but it is what it is

I think were going to go with some denon pieces, the NHT 4's in a room and such- I hate getting wrapped into this. On the upside one of the custom instlallers around here is gonna do the install on the side for him.

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
I prefer that my clients decide what their budget is. That gives me a cost context to work within. We all know the sky's the limit on what's available. How much is this part of the customer's lifestyle worth to him?

There are plenty of good options at various price points in the market. A skilled designer will be able to specify solutions that will give a customer the most performance for his investment.

Local professional support is the essence of value. That has to include an understanding of how to treat people. Knowing what the gear will do isn't near enough. Ignore the company that can build the coolest systems if they don't know how to respect and support their customers. By the way, that level of support is truly rare and should cost extra.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,
G. Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks