What's new

Recommendations for 30-50ft component cables (1 Viewer)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Matt,
why would someone spend that much money on wires...oh maybe if they had money to throw away....

Matt_Doug

Stunt Coordinator
Tongue in cheek post Chad. But if you're going to spend $11,500 on an Ayre Acoustics D-1x DVD Player then why not. For the rest of us CATV coax would do.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well the stuff from CablesAmerica looks fine but you'd need to find out if
a) it's stranded
b) whether that's a solid copper or copper over steel
c) you might also want to inquire if they sell crimp on RCA's that work with the kit. that way for those situations where you need a direct RCA to cable, you can bypass the use of adapters. just a thought.

I like the assembly required place but again you need to know what it is that you want to do. Keeping that in mind, you then have a pretty good idea of what to ask for. For example, I clicked on this link, http://www.assembly-reqd.com/product...roducts_id=70, but really don't know if it's copper or copper over steel, etc. I'm willing to bet it's copper over steel. Again, a phone call might get you more information.

The silver's cute, but then Blue Jean's offerings will also be overkill when used as component cables at a fraction of the price. So will those $20 ones too.

DiMora Diamond

Auditioning
Pick yourself up some canare cables at clearcables.com They have great service; I have bought a lot of cables from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks