What's new

Recommend PS2 racing games (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I've been playing Gran Turismo 3 for some time and the recent Grand Theft Auto series and Nascar Thunder 2002 on Playstation 2.

I'm looking for recommendations to a great Indy car and Formula1 racing games. I like to drive the road courses too, not just the ovals. While I guess that the F1 games cover European tracks, particularly Monaco, I'd like to race American courses too like Laguna Seca and the road course at Long Beach for example. So I'll assume that the American courses I'd like to drive would only be in a Indy game.

I'd like to know if there are good flying games too, like a Top Gun type with combat.

Thanks, Nelson

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
For a good F1 game I've heard nothing but praise for grand prix challenge. Lately I've just had too many other games to check it out though. If you enjoy simulation type games pick up F-355 challenge. Very hard but very fun game. Has plenty of modes all driving a ferrari F-355 but its not like driving a ferrari is bad. F-355 has at least laguna seca and suzuka also has a bunch of others.

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
Yeah big thumbs up to Ace Combat 4! :emoji_thumbsup: Best flight combat action game available. As for racing I think Burnout 2 could be the most amazing racer ever made. Seriously, if you want to play a game that makes you feel like your in the movie Fast and the Furious this is it. Just make sure to pickup Burnout 2 and not the first. The first one is ok but not even close to the second.

Also worth mentioning: Ridge Racer 5 and ATV Offroad Fury 2.

Dan.B

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
NEED FOR SPEED: HOT PURSUIT 2! It isn't an F1 game, but it is still really awesome and fun to play.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I have played NFS-Hot Pursuit 2 and it's pretty cool.

I'll be looking these up and check one or two out.

Nelson

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Holy thread necro batman! 17 years might be a record! Welcome Eteni!

There are a couple of 18+ yrs Phoenixed threads in the archive section -- Goldsmith and Swordfish. One of them even by an active member and not a newbie
Since I think a lot of the pre 2000 stuff was lost at some point it might be a bit harder to get a lot further back

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks