What's new

recessed light in front of projector (1 Viewer)

epeloke

Agent
Real Name
Eddie
Hello,

Our electrician just left and I noticed that one of the recessed lights sits roughly six inches directly in front of what I had planned to hang the projector (epson 8350). Will that cause any issues if we use the projector when the lights are on?

Thanks,
Eddie

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes. But the "degree of which" depends on room brightness to begin with.Why are lights on when using the projector in the first place?My theater lighting(used while the projector is on) is all 24 inches off the floor with the beams spread directly to the floor. I have zero ceiling lighting while the projector is on.

mccambley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Casey
No you can not have the light six inches in front of the projector . Have it moved or move the projector.

epeloke

Agent
Real Name
Eddie
I haven't yet mounted the projector so can easily move it. I was just trying to find the perfect spot for it. Chances are we will have a 100" screen so we are trying to find the best distance to hang the projector. I've seen a few different calculators so far. The ones I saw, put the projector around 15' from the screen which put it right behind our lighting.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
For a 100" diagonal screen, the Epson 8350's lens needs to be between 9' 9" to 20' 10" from the screen. I would mount it about 13' to 14' from screen(lens to screen). The farther back you mount the projector, the dimmer the image will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks