What's new

receiver upgrade (1 Viewer)

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator
Im planning (after a looong technical justification talk with my wife ) to upgrade my receiver, I looked at the Onkyo TX-SR601 http://www.onkyo-intl.com/products/a...601/index.html
I think it´s in my budget and has amazing features to me, I saw another very similar (in the price tag) from Harman Kardon, I consider better the onkyo because it has more power output, and it has component viedo inputs, and composite to S-video conversion, but the HK has the Logic 7 feature (by the way I´m not very clear about the benefit of this logic7 thing) the guy in the store told me any kind of superlative adjectuves about Logic 7 , I need your avice to decide for one, I mean not talking about the brands but the technical capabbilities of the receivers, thanks in advance for your advice¡

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Well first off HK is more realistic on watts/chanel than most entry level companies out there. Most receivers only put out 100w(or whatever they say) maybe in stereo mode. So basically don't go by Power output...look more for features and what you need to get out of it. Which HK were you looking at?

James_R

Auditioning
Here is a link to a review on audioholics.com:

audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/onkyo_TX-SR601_review_01.html

By the way I have the Onkyo 601 and am very happy with it.

James R

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I think you would be happy with either of them if they are around the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks