What's new

Receiver upgrade to an HDMI receiver... (1 Viewer)

HDNutts2010

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Yes I've heard a lot of good things about the PSB Image Series speakers... They are a little pricier then the Klipsch. I'm not sure how "Warm" these Klipsch's I purchase sound. I think they are a little on the "Bright" side of “sound” and not as deep as I think I want. I don’t know why these have the sound they do, maybe due to the smaller size of woofers, the solid horn vs. a soft tweeter? I'm a bit worried that the C5 in the PSB Image series will still not be the size that will give me the sound I want, and they may be a bit under par compared to the other supporting speakers in that series. Adding to the fact that I have no local dealers to go and listen to how they sound make me lean back toward Klipsch. So I'm back on the fence of keeping with the Klipsch line but going bigger and more power. So now I’m looking at these: Center: RC-64 (4x6.5” woofers, HQ Horns 1x1.25” 200W RMS, Freq. response 62Hz-21kHz +/-3dB)Fronts: RB-81 (1x8” woofer, HQ Horns 1x1”, Freq. response 46Hz-23kHz +/-3dB)Surrounds: S-2 (1x5.25” woofer, 2x5” HQ Horns, 2x1” Tweeters 100W, Freq. response 83Hz - 23kHz +/-3dB) I can get all the above bought, shipped including tax for $1,395.00 So I think I will go with them, order them tomorrow and returning the Klipsch I currently have. I’ll post back once they are in and hooked up it will be about 2 to 3 weeks. Thanks for all the input.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
"Warm" is the last word I would ever use to describe Klipsch speaker. Their horn tweeters tend towards "bright" (if you like their sound) or "harsh" (if you do not). Personally, I fall in the latter group, while a good friend of mine loves his Klipsch setup. They seem to be a "love 'em or hate 'em" speaker.

HDNutts2010

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I agree it is not a warm sound at all. My point was, I was thinking if I went bigger on the woofers and speakers with a bigger freq rang etc that might help mask the "bright" sound a bit.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I agree it is not a warm sound at all. My point was, I was thinking if I went bigger on the woofers and speakers with a bigger freq rang etc that might help mask the "bright" sound a bit.

Maybe a little but not as much as you might think. I used to have Polk RTi's and it didn't matter the size or the number of drivers/woofers I still couldn't get rid of what I felt was a harsh mid-range and bright highs until I replaced them. The CSi5 (dual 6" drivers) did give me deeper vocals, especially male vocals, than the dual 5 1/2" CSi3 but the tweeter was still to over-powering to me. Maybe your receivers equalizer or YAPO can help. Or room treatments. But a bright speaker is a bright speaker. Doesn't matter the size of the woofer.

MAHESWARRAO

Auditioning
Real Name
UMA MAHESWAR RAO
RECENTLY I BOUGHT ONE SONY DVD PLAYER DVP NS728HP. IT HAS AN OPTION TO CONNECT TO THE HOME THEATRE SYSTEM THROUGH A DIGITAL COAXIAL OUT, WHICH SHOULD BE CONNECTED TO THE AUDIO COMPONENT DECODER OF HOME THEATRE SYSTEM. I AM ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF PHILIPS HOME THEATRE SYSTEM WHERE THERE IS NO PROVISION TO CONNECT DIGITAL COAXIAL CABLES AS IT DOES NOT HAVE AUDIO COMPONENT DECODER. IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY THAT I CAN GET AN EXTERNAL AUDIO COMPONENT DECODER. I AM FROM INDIA . IS THERE ANY BODY TO SUGGEST A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM. I DO NOT WANT TO BUY ANOTHER HOME THEATRE SYSTEM WITH AUDIO COMPONENT DECODER.

MAHESWAR RAO

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Hello Uma,

Welcome to the forum!
Did your CAPS LOCK key get stuck, somehow?

Cees

Real Name
Dennis Palla
Originally Posted by HDNutts2010

Question regarding the MCACC auto setup... What volume level should you use, low, middle, high???

Thanks
I have a SC-27 and if I remember right, you don't have to adjust the volume. The receiver sets it on it's own. In fact they say not to change the volume when running the processor. It is a very nice feature and can really dial in the system. You can still make manual adjustments if need be after the fact. Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks