What's new

Receiver to TV (1 Viewer)

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,how are you?
I would like you to tell me how should i plug my TV to the Sony STR-DA4 ES receiver.I would like to plug my TV by component cables to my receiver but i don't know where to put them(in which "IN" and "OUT").
So i thought that a picture of the back pannel of each machine would be easier for you to explain,here's the link for my TV:
http://www.toshiba.ca/web/link?id=219
And here's the link for the receiver:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...A4E&display=XL
Thanks in advance!!!
Later.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Are you asking about connecting your TV to the system via component-video cables? If so, the component-video inputs on your TV are for a component-video output from a source component (i.e., DVD player, HD decoder, etc.). The receiver can be used as a switching mechanism, though: That is, plug the DVD player into the appropriate component-video inputs on the receiver and then to the TV.

You can also connect the audio outputs of the TV to the audio inputs of the receiver for two-channel stereo.

Remember, your receiver is there to handle the audio chores of your system.

Lee M T

Second Unit
Your receiver has two componenet video inputs and one output. The output should be labeled "Monitor Out." That goes to the componenet video input on your television.

The two componenet video inputs on the back of your receiver are for whichever equipmenet you need hooked up. DVD player, Xbox, Playstation 2, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks