Receiver to go with Axiom M80, VP150 and QS8

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by hkazmi, Sep 26, 2011.

1. hkazmi

hkazmi Auditioning

Hi Guys, I am sort of new to the receivers available in the market and really confused what to get. I am looking for a receiver for around $600 to drive M80 from Axiom (4 ohm speakers). There are so many choices and features that I don't know what I need and what I won't. I mostly watch movies and listen to music (rock from 70s, 80s, pink floyd, beatles, doors etc). Any help will be most appreciated.

2. hkazmi

hkazmi Auditioning

this forum is useless, head over to hometheaterspot.com what a waste!

3. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Too bad you're in Canada. Ac4l.com has the Marantz 5005 new for $469 with free shipping. But they cn only sell it in the U.S.

4. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave
    Bye now. Too bad you left because I was going to help. I guess the 14 hours overnight you gave me to read this wasn't quick enough. I don't hang out over at the other forum anymore so I hope you get the help you deserve.

5. dmiller68

dmiller68 Supporting Actor

David Miller
    Are we sure this guy wasn't trying to drive some traffic to the "Spot" they are trying to rebuild the site after everyone left.

6. hkazmi

hkazmi Auditioning

Yah Pretty sure he wasn't trying to drive traffic to spot, well that not true, actually I was, cause I got helped there. No one bothered here! Got a Marantz 6006 as recommended on Spot. @David, Math an issue dude, 26th to 29th is not 14 hours, more like 72 hours. And no one recommending or even pointing in the right direction is an issue with a forum like this. Anyhow, feel free not to help, already have it resolved :)

7. ShanonS

ShanonS Stunt Coordinator

Uhmmmmm, who has the problem with math? You posted on 9/26, then 14 hrs later posted that you didn't want us to help anymore and were going somewhere else...think David's math is pretty good, bye now.