receiver onkyo/denon/panny

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by perry web, Sep 20, 2004.

1. perry web

perry web Stunt Coordinator

I am replacing an old receiver, onkyo txsv454 and I had decided on the Panny he100k but then started looking around. I just bought a new dvd player, panny DVD-F87K (in the mail) and thought "if I am going to tear apart my system to replace the dvd player, I might as well upgrade the receiver". If I am going to $100, I should just go ahead and spend $400.....my wife hates my logic.

I use my system 40% TV, 40% movies, 10% music and 10% xbox with movie sound being what I care the most about most. My speakers are all klipsch ref. 3II

I have narrowed it down to these options, and yes I did read and search this forum. That is how I got these.

Denon AVR-684 $218 reconditioned
    Denon AVR-1604 $259
    I read here that these are the same just different warranties...

Onkyo TX-SR502 $209 reconditioned or $249 new.

Harman Kardon AVR 130-Z $231

Panasonic SA-HE100K $229

I have had good experience w/ Onkyo and my Yamaha. I left Yamaha off the list because I had to trim something off... Overstock. com has a bunch but there model numbers make no sense to me and the Yamaha website sucks. I could not find out which is the older model and which is the higher end model so I got frustrated and removed them all.

As you can tell my budget is under $250.

SO, I would love to hear anybodies and everybody's input on these receivers so I can narrow down the list to just one.....

thank you in advance