What's new

Receiver conundrum...(I'm new) (1 Viewer)

_kevin

Auditioning
I've got a problem, I've got a pair of Anthony Gallo Due's waiting to go to use in my new apartment (I move in less than a month), and nothing to drive them. Initially I was looking to spend somewhere under $2k for a receiver/pre-pro/amp to use. However, due to some SNAFU's my budget has been slashed down to oh ~$500. I recently stumbled upon the Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K like some others have and on paper, well it reads incredibly well. My only hesitation on the Pioneer is the thought that if it's feasible to run cable into my bedroom from the living room, the VSX doesn't appear to have a second zone, and I've got a pair of Infinity RS1000's I could use simply so I didn't have to crank the volume to hear music in there. I'm looking for suggestions as my only other idea is an HK AVR330, but I'm not sure. And I'll be honest,

1. I'm new at this :)
and
2. I don't really want to consider Yamaha due to a personal bias... my family and I went through a string of bad Yamaha's, and I've got plenty of friends that swear by them, they just don't seem to work for me.

Thanks ahead of time!
-kevin

Nick L

Second Unit
Here are a few more options for you to consider.

Onkyo TXSR601
Marantz SR5400

I don't think you could go wrong with a receiver from Onkyo, Marantz or HK. I have a HK AVR320 and I love it. I have never had a problem with it and it is more than loud enough. Plus I think it has a better sound quality that the Denon and Pioneer models I was comparing it to at the time. My top two choices would be the HK and the Marantz. But you can't go wrong with the Onkyo either.

DonJ

Second Unit
I have an HK320 not only does it sound great. It also has second zone capability.

_kevin

Auditioning
Thanks for the suggestions thus far, did a little digging on the HK's, the 330 to be more specific, and it looks pretty nice. Glad to hear ya'll enjoy the 320. Think I'll have to do a bit more looking into the 330 as well as the Marantz/Onkyo... Thanks for the ideas!

-Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks