Receiver anomaly?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Boris_V, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Boris_V

Boris_V Agent

Greetings!

Something strange happened with my receiver. Suddenly all the controls went dead. The receiver was still working but I was unable to change any settings do to the fact that nothing happened after I pressed a button on the remote control and on the unit itself. I had to turn my receiver off and on again to force it to work normally again. Then I realized that all my adjusted settings were gone, all was set to default values. I’m really upset since the receiver is an Onkyo 595 and is less than a year in my possession. I have always thought that Onkyo produces quality units, not such garbage. What could have gone wrong? Should I return it to the store where I bought it since the warranty is still valid? But I doubt that they will find anything for it works again.

2. LiorM

LiorM Agent

Well, This things can happened due to some electrical interference.
    I will say that there is nothing wrong with your reciever.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Very possible that it was a voltage spike or drop that caused this, and not a problem with the unit itself (at least I've never heard that one). Do you have any kind of surge suppression for the unit?

4. Boris_V

Boris_V Agent

No, i haven't any surge suppression. Hmm..., maybe it was a voltage problem, who knows. But since i haven't had any problems of this kind with any of my electrical devices so far, i'm sceptical.

Any more suggestions?