What's new

Receiver and Speakers matching (1 Viewer)

Rob_mikh

Auditioning
*** I posted this on the speaker forum, but I am also posting here since it applies to Receivers also ** TIA

I am relatively new to HT, and I'm looking for opinions from more seasoned people. My only previous experience is with a Yamaha HT in a box. I listened to them at the store and for a couple of days at home and I like the sound, though I understand the speakers need a break in period. 60%HT, 40% music

I just purchased the following 7.1 configuration and I am still within a 15 day window to make changes or returns.

The configuration is as follows:

Receiver: Yamaha RXV2400
Speakers: All Paradigm v.3
Fronts: Mini Monitor
Center: CC-370
Surround: ADP-170
Rear: ADP-170
Sub: PDR12
Room Size: approx. 260 sq ft

I got this for 20% off list and it just fit my budget. Should I consider making changes. Some of my concerns are:

Is the Yamaha and Paradigm a good match
Is the RXV2400 too much or too little receive for these speakers
What should I use as the crossover, i assume I should set it on the receiver.

Thanks in advance for all you opinions.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Nice setup the only thing I would change would be the sub.....if it is in your budget. SVS or HSU for a sub replacement...

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
the Yamaha and Paradigm match very well, maybe a little too bright. I auditioned the Yamaha on Paradigm speakers and loved the sound, but I just found when turned up loud (~10 db below ref level) the sound was too bright. This can obviously all be corrected with the YPAO equalization set to LOW (to give more attenuation to the lower frequencies). I find that my Yamaha matched with my JBL Studio Series is very detailed and crisp with good low-end, not as bright as with the Paradigms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks