What's new

Receiver and audio wiring help (1 Viewer)

wezbert

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter Ojdrov
Hi everyone,

Im not exactly new to home theater systems, but what I'm trying to do seems to be way out my league and I'm completely lost. What I'm having problems with is figuring out what receiver system to get. I currently have 8 surround speakers (jbl 8340, i got them at a discount for 95 bucks each) and four subs. However, I already have a rack with amps, one for each of the five channels, so I dont need a receiver that is amplified. However, I'm having trouble finding a 5.1 receiver that is not amplified, and any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Also, is it possible to split the video from the 5.1 sound because my projector and my player are two different devices and I want to route a 5.1 signal to the speakers and the video feed into the projector.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Receivers always have amps. So, you either want a pre-amp/processor or a receiver with pre-amp outputs, in which case you just don't use the receiver's amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks