What's new

rear/surround speaker placement - pic provided (1 Viewer)

soler

Auditioning
Real Name
dan
ive been searching for the best location for my rear speakers so that i could get best surround audio out of them. here are pics of what my options are, i got some answers but im still uncertain of what to do. Uploaded with ImageShack.us its either mounting them behind the wall but seperate them as far as i can, or have them mounted at each side facing down, i ordered wall mounts with swivel so that i can play around with it FYI - from the wall on the picture to the middle is around 11.5feet and from the wall on the other side to the middle is 9.1 feet but i heard that the system calibrates it, i have a yapo mic or something like that, i think that calibrates them automatically. which is perferable? , i was told that mounting them on the sides are better then behind and separated.

punman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dwayne
Mine are about in your "swivel down" spot as it was the only option I had; they don't sound too bad there. I was told that mounting them on the sides are better too, but have no experience to compare.

soler

Auditioning
Real Name
dan
i should point out that my speakers are monopole (direct radiating sound), i have been researching this really hard but i cant find a straight answer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks