What's new

Rear Projection TV Question (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Brandon
I have a 24' x 24' finished barn (insulated and drywalled) in the back yard. I have a 55" CRT Rear Projection TV I would like to put in it. I do not plan on keeping it heated all winter, Only when I am out there. Do cold winter temperatures affect Tv's like this. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
No tv's or other heat generating electronics should be turned on when cold. They will condensate moisture inside causing premature failure of the product. Electronics should be brought to room temperature before operating. If the climate is that where the temperature will be at or near the dewpoint electronics are not recommended.

Real Name
Brandon
That is what I figured, pretty much common sense. Anyways I think I have decided to go with a projector set-up so I can easily take it into the house when it gets too cold.

With minimal research I have stumbled onto some HD ready projectors on ebay. My range is around ($500). Is a DLP or LCD projector the better choice. Also the projectors in my range seem to be around 1600-2000 lumens. Would this be suffient in a dim lighted area?

Thank-you

wiredmass

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
The new Infocus IN24 is only $699 with an added $100 rebate until 10/31. $599 seems like it would fit your budget perfectly. It's a great DLP projector. I have one installed in my home theatre and it works excellent. You won't find a new projector cheaper than that!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks