What's new

Reaper season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I have a long, long shot theory that maybe the devil we see now is actually an escaped soul that is tormenting Sam.
But I highly doubt this.

Even though I didn't enjoy this weeks soul, I really enjoyed the Magic episode. I agree with Patrick that it's more balanced.
It's really starting to find it's path

Two quotes I loved from this episode are both from the devil

"Ah Sam, life is too short to drink domestic beer"

when Bruce(impatient driver) told him to go to hell
"I'll see you there Bruce"

and this week episode was directed by Ron "Tremors" Underwood

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Yes, I remember that. But, that is what they were told by the devil also. Who knows maybe the devil lied. Also, maybe the devil knew he was impotent and got the mom pregnant. I know its a long shot. But, it would explain the Devil's interest in Sam. I mean he spends a lot of time coming to him and trying to help him....Albiet in tough ways. ;)

Chris

Senior HTF Member

But you've got to think the devil would know up front whether or not they -could- have kids before he made the deal. He's not an idiot with super powers ;)

When he went to look for the contract, only ashes. I think we'll find out there is an "escape clause" where he can "win his soul back" and the show will become about how many souls it takes for him to capture before he can have a chance to get his soul, or whether he has to complete some task, something like that.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure he's got an alterior motive for molding Sam, but I don't think it's related to genetics.

I really hope this series doesn't turn into Smallville, where the main character's inexplicable refusal to tell the girl he has the hots for his secret is what fuels all of the drama. Twenty-two episodes a season of Andi whining at Sam for blowing her off without a reason would get really old, really fast.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have a question:

During the first episode, Sam showed some supernatural agility when some boxes were about to fall on his girlfriend. That is what made Sock a believer.

My question is why haven't we seen any supernatural stuff from Sam since?
I would think he would get some abilities that come with the job. I thought that was what they were implying by that scene. But he hasn't done anything since.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

Well, in the "Magic" episode. Sam did refer as one of his devil super abilities, is that he's like a GPS device to find the souls.(with his disappearing car keys/computer mouse...etc)

And this is just a Season 3 or 4 question(if the show even lasts that long)
Makes you wonder for as bad as Soc acts, if he's going to hell at some point.
He escapes and Sam has top fight his best friend:)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I loved the moment with the dad at the end.. and how the Devil wasn't just wanting to avoid him.. he was completely avoiding him. I loved that.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Man that Dad is evil. And the veiled threat against Andi's safety if Sam told her.

I still think the Devil is Sam's real father.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I definitely don't trust the dad one iota. My first thought when he flipped out about not getting the meeting was that his disease or whatever came back, and he wanted to sell his other son's soul as a trade. I wonder what that one particular page of the contract was that he burned?

I'm glad they at least had the devil forbid Sam from telling Andi. Otherwise his deceit and deception becomes rather pointless.

It was a nice touch casting the Chief from "Battlestar" as the demon delivery man.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I agree.. the dad is evil........ that would be very interesting if the dad tries to sell of the other sons soul also!!!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
maybe that page the dad burned is the loop hole that gets Sam out of the reaper business, then maybe the deal the dad had with the Devil is void, then the dad's disease comes back?

But I definitely think he burned the loop hole page.

I liked the What About Blob? episode, just because of this one element with Sam's dad.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

He definitely burned the loop hole page. Which probably would have made the fathers disease to return or give his soul to the devil. So the father sacrificed his son twice. What a scumbag. :)

I would love to see an episode where we see god or an angel.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Finally got caught up, and I like the show even though it hasn't quite hit its stride yet. My only negative is Missy Peregrym -- she does nothing for me, and she wasn't appealing on Heroes even though she actually showed showed some charisma. The whole Sam and Andi thing is both played to death and boring to watch. I even like the store manager better.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At least we get a reason for Sam's continues subterfuge with Andi. Sam's dad is scummy (but we already knew it, and a leopard doesn't change his spots). There's got to be some back history as to why the devil wants absolutely nothing to do with Sam's dad. The actual demon on the loose subplot continues to be a weak spot on this show.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It's too bad they couldn't get Nora Zehetner instead. Peregrym is a wet fish.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That is until they find a way to get Missy into a gymnastics outfit, and everything falls into place. :D I like Missy. Nora's cute, but built like a boy.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
How about Sarah Lancaster, the sister from Chuck? She is not built like a boy. Plus, it would allow her a chance to be on a good show for a change.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was Sarah up for the role of Andie on "Reaper"? (But yeah, Sarah's definitely built like a woman, as is Missy). How the hell did we go from devils and demons to hotties?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks