What's new

Real Handson with WRECKLESS - Xbox (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
OK, I picked up the game today at lunch, popped it in as soon as I got home...after about 2-3 minutes of play im like "wow...this sucks."

ok, ok..jesus..gotta give it time right...

after about 1 hour of play..."wow..this still sucks..maybe more than earlier"

i dont see myself spending too much more time with this game.

huge dissappointment..gonna just exchange it for State of Emergency..

---------

Details:

Dont get me wrong, the game looks absolutely awesome. Some of the best graphics Ive seen to date..but there are alot of shortcuts they take that get annoying real fast. Lots of "heat waves", lens flare, TONS of sparks type effect like a lot of light bulbs just popped. It all gets anoying quickly. There is sooo much chaos going on..that it actually takes away from the game..because I couldnt tell what was going on half the time. The control isnt that great...and all in all..it left me with more of a desire to pop GTA3 back in.

sorry if I sound like an angry reviewer that just wont give this game a chance..but Im sure that if I come back and edit this post in another week..there wont be much changes to it.

ohh yeah..and there was no Widescreen option, but the game is in DD 5.1 which was neat. (no sound mode option, just sound volumn controls etc). I dont know if it auto detects your setup and does Widescreen automatically..i doubt it. Looked fine in "stretch" mode. Most xbox games do though.

Please RENT this game first!! You will have lots of fun during the rental period..and Im sure you wont be too upset come time to return it.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I think quite a few folk are going to be dissapointed once they get their hands on it. The graphics are *really* impressive... But the gameplay's a bit bleurgh.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
That's it in a nutshell. However I cannot emphisize the quality of the graphics. Is it safe to say this is the best graphics I've ever seen in a game on any platform?

Dan B

Screenwriter
I've been playing the game for the last hour or so & I'm having fun. :emoji_thumbsup: I pretty much agree with the good & bad points brought up by everybody else.
There are a couple of things they could have included which would have made this game better, IMO.
1) Free Roam Mode
2) Ability to control the replay (pause & FF etc.) A more sophisticated option for editing replays (ala Driver) would have made this game into something special.
This game is just begging for a free roam mode & user-customized replays.
Camp, it's the coolest looking game I've ever seen. Period. You don't notice it while you're doing the missions...ahem...free roam...replay....but if you stop and look around, it's astonishing at times. The sound is actually pretty good, too (except for the bloke on the walkie talkie), and uses the center channel properly.
-Dan B.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Jason I feel the same way you do about this game so don't feel like you're bashing the game. It has it's strong points but after the initial wow factor wears off it gets really boring and some of the "tricks" they use to make the game get really annoying. Like when you smash into a dimsum cart and you get like a nuclear explosion with all these sparks and flashes. That's just too much for me and I usually like over the top stuff but this just made no sense. Kinda like the difference between Mortal Kombat where you uppercut a guy and get a big pool of blood and this one game for 3DO where you kicked a guy in the knee and he spewed a gallon of the red stuff. Makes no sense to me and just seems like the developers wanted to show of the fact that they know how to use particle effects.

Also, the heat ripple distortion thing was really stupid to me. With a game with graphics this good why would you want to distort the image and make it harder for the player to see what's going on. Seems like it was a cheap trick to cover up some of the lesser graphics in the game, which IMO was not necessary since this game looks better and has a more alive setting than any driving game I have ever seen. The replays also got on my nerves with all the embossing and stuff they did to it. When I did something cool and wanted to see it again all I got was some black and white or chromed out image that blurred all the details of what I was trying to see. Oh well, let me stop before people begin to think I have some personal vendetta against this game. I liked it but I don't see myself coming back too often for more of what it had to offer despite its stellar graphics so I'll just stick with my new addiction, SSX Tricky. Sorry to plug but damn I love this game. Why didn't someone tell me about this thing sooner.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Yeah, I have to 2nd what everyone else is saying.

This game, at best, is a killer tech demo that shows the ridiculous potential our beloved XBox has for future games. Hell...they're just getting started with this console!!!

But, like Shrek, the game sucks ass.

When I see off the chart graphics like this game has, I can only think stuff like, "...I can't wait to see Halo II on this thing"!!!!

Maybe Wreckless is Blood Wake on land? Except Blood Wake didn't even look this good.

Oh well, it's early in it's lifecycle. BloodWake/Wreckless; 2 beautiful turds in a row.

...NEXT!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks