Read this before you buy Pitch Black re-release

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Matt Mediate, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Matt Mediate

Matt Mediate Extra

There are TWO VERSIONS of the Pitch black re-release floating around that you should be aware of. One is the regular widescreen re-release and one is the Director's cut Non rated re-release. Normally I wouldn't care either but ONLY THE NON RATED VERSION IS IN DTS. The regular version is in plain old DD. The only difference is the small banner on the cover saying "director's cut". Otherwise the box art is identical. I don't want to see anyone get stuck with the wrong one like I did. They should tell you this stuff.

2. Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks Second Unit

Stephen Brooks
    Does the Director's cut have all the same extras? If so, the DTS track probably means the video bit rate has been dropped.

3. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

I doubt the video bitrate was dropped. More than likely, given the numbskull mentality at Universal these days, the unrated version is the exact same transfer as the earlier DTS-ES matrix unrated release.

Aren't these just repackagings of the first discs with a few more extras and a tie in to the new movie?

Dan

4. Shane_M

Shane_M Stunt Coordinator

Yup, same transfers for both versions, and of course a few more extras to help link it to the new movie.

5. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

cheers

[​IMG]